• Resolved 420DankStank

(@420dankstank)

OMG HELP! Saturday my site was working, and today (Monday) it is not. I am getting a 500 error. Not sure what happened.

I have checked my error logs. I have Out of Memory logs, so I tried to add a define code to my wp-config.php file

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’)

No help.

I am also getting an error:

syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /htdocs/wordpress/wp-config.php on line 24

Line 24 is the Database name.

define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘wordpress’);

It should be correct. I haven’t changed it and I have had this site for a while. I checked the phpmyAdmin site to see if the database name changed there, but it is still ‘wordpress’.

I can’t log into the WP dashboard, I can’t view the site on the front end. I can’t find the error. I tried calling my host: CBeyond. They said that it looked like a PHP5 error, but wouldn’t give me any further explanation and said they should get it fixed within 24 hours. I highly doubt that the issue will be fixed by them soon as they couldn’t successfully restore my site from a back up. I have back up data from UpdraftPlus that I can try to install, but I didn’t want to have to delete everything and start from scratch.

Any help?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Looks like you missed the semicolon at the end of the memory limit line. You can try editing your config file with an ftp program like filezilla.

Thread Starter 420DankStank

(@420dankstank)

OMG! THANK YOU! The little things make all the difference. That helped allocate more memory allowing my web page to work!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.