Support » Plugin: W3 Total Cache » 500 Internal Server Error

• Hey guys, I installed the latest version of this plugin a few days ago and was playing with the settings. I must have picked a bad combination because my website is now giving me the following error:

“500 Internal Server Error”

I tried fixing this on my own, but I haven’t had any luck. I reverted my .htaccess file to the default for wordpress:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

… but that didn’t seem to fix anything. I also tried removing the plugin folder and the the w3tc files that were sitting in the wp-content folder, but that didn’t work either. Google only showed me outdated responses that seemed to address an old bug within the plugin that has since been fixed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1. try delete old .htaccess upload a new one

2. try change permalink back to ugly url ?p=103 to see it work or not

Thread Starter ph34r

(@ph34r)

Nadia,

Thanks for the feedback. I tried the hta access suggestion with no luck. Do you know of any methods to change the URL structure without admin panel access?

sometime i also have problem with .htaccess file

old one is corrupt even inside code still same

i have to delete the old one and copy(or create new) working one from another site and change inside code later

* dont download old .htaccess (that show error) to local computer > edit > and upload again
    ** just delete and try make new .htaccess

for plugin
    – change plugin folder name (to disable plugin)
    – delete all caches file in cache folder

Thread Starter ph34r

(@ph34r)

That worked. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks @nadiamode

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.