problem: can’t even access the WordPress quick installation.
I usually install WP on a host that I’m familiar with. This is a client’s ‘old host’ where he has his current site hosted. It has now been upgraded to support databases for his new WP site.
Since 500 errors are ambiguous at best, I’ll try to narrow it down:
1. I created a database, but WP is not communicating with it yet
2. I copied a clean WordPress to the FTP folder
3. Before I can even connect the database, I get an internal error.
4. No .htaccess files active
I tried connecting the DB manually in a wp-config.php, to no avail.
The old site is running fine. phpinfo.php works too, tells me it’s PHP 5.2.14 Windows NT. My only guess is a bad intent on Windows’ side to play nice with WP. Not sure though since PHP seems to be working and WP should theoretically work as well.
Running out of ideas. I’ve already messaged the host but I’d rather solve it myself in the meantime.
- The topic ‘500 internal error before installation’ is closed to new replies.