I’m hoping this is the correct place to request help, i’m at a loss with this.
I work for an IT company and a client asked us to process an upgrade manually to the latest version of WordPress, due to the automatic update feature failing to unpack the zip file. I have processed these types of upgrades for my personal website before and never had any issues but I’ve run into a wall with this one.
What I done…
I replaced the WP-INCLUDES and WP-ADMIN and also copied the files inside the WP-CONTENT folder (did not delete etc)
The database (myphpadmin hosted on UK2) was then requested to be upgraded, once I clicked the DB upgrade link the page crashed / wouldn’t load and nothing would proceed.
I tried reverting the WP-INCLUDES / WP-ADMIN etc folders back to the original version but this has caused a 500 internal error and I’m unable to view the website or login to wp-admin.
I have tried the usual:
1) creating php.ini files and setting memory to 128mb – no luck
2) created a new .htacess file with the same entries – no luck
3) disabled the plugins through cpanel – no luck
4) disabled the ionic one theme to try and get wordpress to revert to the default website – no luck
5) Transferring the latest WP-ADMIN / WP-INCLUDES
At the moment the website is showing The theme directory “iconic-one” does not exist. – This is due to it being disabled by adding iconic-one.dis.
If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful – look forward to any replies. 🙂
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
- The topic ‘500 Internal error’ is closed to new replies.