• Good day,

I come to you professionals for some guidance and help.

I am currently hosting a website / sharing blog for the community of Doctors and clinicians in my city to share ideas and news. (news stories, pictures, videos etc)

I am hosting it on a Windows 2008 R2 server running IIS 7.5, WordPress 3.8.1 and I am getting occasional and very frustrating 500 errors relating to fast cgi. At first I thought it was the W3 Total cache addon causing wincache errors but i have turned that off and it still gives me the errors.

The errors are totally random at various times and days. Some times I get 4 on a row, sometimes I go weeks without getting them. At first they were a nuisance but now they’re hindering the actual function of the website.

I have tried everything except a Linux / Apache server to get this going reliably.

I humbly ask for your assistance in getting this going reliably as it is a very excellent source of knowledge and sharing of advice to my colleagues and friends in the community.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. Gary Z. Bie

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • server 500 errors are basically the server choking…

it is more common to see with perl scripts when the script is not configured correctly or when there is an error in the code

you could try installing xampp which is a apache/php/mysql package .. if its a local server ..

if its not local where you don’t think it will be hacked
    then you should look into increasing
    process timeouts for both php and httpd
    and also increase your memory limits

that should help

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘500 errors, fast cgi, php-cgi.exe’ is closed to new replies.