Support » Plugin: Photo Gallery by 10Web - Mobile-Friendly Image Gallery » 500 error when clicking thumbnails

• Resolved midgee

(@midgee)

I just installed this plug-in and followed the instructions for setting up a gallery. The thumbnails are all loading correctly but no matter what I do I can’t seem to get the images to open from the thumbnails. When I checked out the console it gave the error “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)”. I tried uploading images directly from my computer and pulling them from the WP Media Library with no success. Any ideas on why these are failing?

I’m running WordPress 5.0.3, I’m not sure what other information would be helpful.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plugin Support kimabaghdasaryan

(@kimabaghdasaryan)

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have faced. With a bit detailed information, we can help you resolve this problem. Could I please ask you to send the link to the page where this issue can be seen?

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Sure! http://shortreel.net/wptest/bwg_gallery/test1/ Here’s a gallery I just put together to test with this morning. It’s having the same issue as all galleries I try to set up.

Plugin Support Agapi

(@agharibyan)

Hi there!

Could you please check this forum post where I posted a possible cause of this issue?

Quoting it below:

Looks like there is a permission issue on the website. Do you have a .htaccess file on your website which might block the following action from Photo Gallery?

admin-ajax.php?action=GalleryBox

It might be set for all admin-ajax requests. Please check this and let us know.

Thanks!

I did not have one but I tried adding one to see if it would help. I tried putting the code in the root, the WordPress folder, and the wp-admin folder (at the same time and independently) to allow ajax calls but I’m still seeing the same issue.

I tried a few different settings in the .htaccess file but this is the current setting and I’m not seeing any change in behavior

<Files admin-ajax.php>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy any
    </Files>
    Plugin Support kimabaghdasaryan

(@kimabaghdasaryan)

Hi,

Could you please search for the following file:

photo-gallery/frontend/views/BWGViewGalleryBox.php

and replace it with the following one.

Please let us know if it helps.

Thank you!

I have replaced the file and I’m seeing no change in behavior.

Plugin Support Agapi

(@agharibyan)

Hi there,

Could you please implement the following solution and let us know if it works? Edit /photo-gallery/frontend/views/BWGViewGalleryBox.php file through FTP connection. Around line 676, there’s the following code:

$data[$key] = [];

Please replace it with this:

$data[$key] = array();

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Agapi.

Still no change.

Plugin Support kimabaghdasaryan

(@kimabaghdasaryan)

Hi,

We are sorry for the late reply.

We are kindly asking you to provide the error log.

Thank you!

Have a nice day!

vaajnur

(@vaajnur)

after replace BWGViewGalleryBox.php 500 error on fancybox disappeared!
    Thank you!

Good evening,

Sorry, I was without access to my site until today. I was able to run debugging and look at the error log. It ended up being a missing semicolon in the /photo-gallery/frontend/views/BWGViewGalleryBox.php file that was causing it. It’s working now!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.