• Resolved AL Guevara

(@albabes)

Today MLA is making my ML go error code 500. I disable MLA, then i can get into the ML. I have MLA v.222

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/media-library-assistant/

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Author David Lingren

(@dglingren)

Thanks for your report – I regret the trouble you’re having with some interaction between MLA and your WordPress Media/Library admin screens.

I am not able to reproduce this problem on my test system running MLA v2.22 and WP 4.4.1. Any additional information you can give me would be helpful.

Do you have access to your server’s error log? There might be one or more messages there that would shed light on the problem.

Did this start just after an upgrade of MLA or WordPress? Some other plugin perhaps?

As you may know, the WordPress Media/Library submenu has two modes, “list” and “grid”. Which mode are you using? If you switch modes (by clicking the icons to the left of the “All Media Items” dropdown) does the problem go away?

It’s possible that a third plugin or other component is involved. Are there other active plugins that provide Media Library features?

Thanks for your understanding and patience, and for any additional details you can provide.

Thread Starter AL Guevara

(@albabes)

Hi David, thanks for the fast response.

I have ftp access, be glad to get you the log if you tell me where it is. Or do you mean the HOSTING server log?

No other plug installs lately.
    No updates today.
    No other ML plugs either.

(@albabes)

I click the ML link David, to view it, the Url changes to:
    http://dbsatucson.org/wp-admin/upload.php
    and the page dies as detailed earlier.

(@albabes)

Plugin Author David Lingren

(@dglingren)

Thanks for your update with the additional information.

You wrote “I click the ML link … ” I would like to suggest the following experiment:

1. Deactivate MLA
    2. Click the Media/Library submenu link
    3. Note which mode you are using. The grid view will look like the Media Manager Modal (popup) Window you see when you click “Add Media” for a post/page. The list view will look more like the tabular display MLA provides.
    4. Switch to the other mode using the icons to the left of the “All Media Items” dropdown.
    5. Activate MLA
    6. Click the Media/Library submenu link
    7. Does the problem go away, i.e., is it mode-specific?

I downloaded the log file you posted a link to, but I am unable to extract anything from the archive file. I am on a Windows Seven platform and WinZip complains that it is not a valid archive format.

You can get easy access to the error log by activating the Settings/Media Library Assistant Debug tab. To do that, add this line to your wp-config.php file, just above the “That’s all …” comment:

/*
     * Media Library Assistant debug options
     */
    define( 'MLA_DEBUG_LEVEL', 1 );

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Once that’s done you should see the Settings/Media Library Assistant Debug tab, and you can use it to view, download and reset (empty) the error log. If you have any problems with that, let me know. If you can download the log in text format and post a link to that it would be most helpful.

(@dglingren)

If your site includes the Admin Columns plugin, please see this Admin Columns support topic for the current status and workaround:

New HTTP 500 errors for Media Library

Let me know if this problem applies to you and if the new Development Version works for you. Thanks again for your help.

(@dglingren)

Sorry – wrong link in my last post! Please see this Admin Columns support topic for the current status and workaround:

New HTTP 500 errors for Media Library

Let me know if this problem applies to you and if the new Development Version works for you. Thanks again for your help.

(@albabes)

Dev ver works great, thanks

With previous ver, ML didnt not work in either LIST or GRID view.

Thanks for fast help.

(@dglingren)

Thanks for confirming that the Development Version solved your problem, which did not have anything to do with WordPress core functionality.

A new release of Admin Columns (2.4.9) contained some unexpected changes that caused fatal PHP errors in any other plugin that used the Admin Columns CPAC_Storage_Model to use their features.

I will make a new MLA release shortly so everyone gets the fixes I made automatically. Thanks again for your help in reporting the problem and testing the solution.

Hi David,

Do you have any idea when an updated MLA may be available from the Repository (24 hours, 2 days, 4 days, etc.)?

Thanks again for all your work for so many, and thanks to you both for this thread! 🙂

(@dglingren)

I hope to make a release of MLA v2.23 this evening (1/23/2016). In the interim you can use the Development Version, revert Admin Columns to 2.4.8 or disable either plugin. Thanks for your kind words and your patience.

(@dglingren)

I have released MLA v2.24, which contains the fixes for compatibility with Admin Columns 2.4.9. It also contains a fix for the MLA bug I introduced in v2.23 that affected Admin Columns operation.

I am marking this topic resolved, but please update it of you have anything further to report about interactions between the new MLA and Admin Columns releases. Thanks for reporting and working with me to test the fixes for this combination.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘500 error on media lib today’ is closed to new replies.