WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

500 error on install (3 posts)

1. elysium eilde
    Posted 6 years ago #

I have attempted 5 times to install wordpress, each time resulting in a 500 error. I am installing it via https://hostingconnection.godaddy.com
    I have attempted to chose different directories, including the root, with no success. I specifically purchased this domain in order to administer a blog. Go Daddy provides no support and I learned today that WordPress also doesn't offer support outside the user forums.
    Solutions anyone? Or do I tell GoD addy to refund me the two years I paid if they can't even get wordpress to install correctly? (would rather have spent the last 2 hours designing than troubleshooting)

2. MichaelH
    Posted 6 years ago #

Why not try to follow the WordPress Installation instructions--it's pretty easy to install.

Installing WordPress

If you have a Linux account, WordPress will install at Godaddy. Please note the free with domain hosting plans don't work well with WordPress.

3. adam-s
    Posted 6 years ago #

Godaddy can be interesting. If whatever method you use to install sets the .htaccess file up automatically the problem may lie in that file...seems to be a very common cause of 500 internal server errors.

I would have to agree with MichaelH though. Perhaps you would have better luck with the step by step instructions. Usually, following these, most people don't hit the 500 errors until they start messing with permalink structure.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic