WordPress.org

Forums

Duplicator
[resolved] 500 error on Godaddy (4 posts)

1. sailpilot
    Posted 1 year ago #

I used Duplicator for over a year on a Godaddy server. After initial problems it worked like a charm. I used the backups to restore to a second domain that we use for testing.

We use Duplciator to backup our site every couple of days but did not restore it for testing for about 2 months since the previous restore was adequate for testing new features.

About 2 weeks ago we started to fail with 500 errors on the backup. We did get two backups that worked in the last 2 weeks. We tried to restore one of these backups into our test domain and it also failed with a 500 error. We tried it several times even reverting to backups we did 4 months ago. They all failed.

We want to restore the backup so that we can test an upgrade to the latest version of WP, Duplicator and several other plugins.

I read one of the posts here about filtering out some of the larger files or directories. We tried it and it worked. We decided to filter out the wp-content directory and the size of the package was substantially reduced (the zip file reduced from over 70mb to about 10mb). However the restore still fails with a 500 error.

We increased both the memory and timeout values in php5.ini with no success.

I called Godaddy and asked about a problem with timing but they claim it is not their problem.

Any thoughts?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

2. Cory Lamle
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hey @sailpilot,

This is most likely a timeout issue. If you have a large DB you might try the mysqldump option if GD allows it... Checkout this section on the FAQs I believe it may help with this issue:
    -> Browse to: http://lifeinthegrid.com/duplicator-faq
    -> Find section: "3. Troubleshoot=> Timeout Issues"

Hope that helps!

3. sailpilot
    Posted 1 year ago #

thanks for the suggestion.

I did a backup of the DB and restored it into the another DB that we use on the test domain.

I did a manual extraction of the package into the test domain and manually modified the couple of domain name fields in the DB and wp-config for the test DB and it worked.

thanks for your help

4. Cory Lamle
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

That is good to hear, glad you got it going!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

• Duplicator
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic