• Hello,

I’ve been trying to solve this for the entire day, and hope you can help me out. I updated some plugins on WP, and then updated to 4.1.1. without backing up anything. Most files updated until I received this error message: “Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\4507565\html\cgr\wp-includes\class-http.php on line 1421.”

I’m using a GoDaddy hosting account, so I can create php.ini files and access everything else – I added set_time_limit(300); and define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’); on wp-config.php but it’s not helping, and I disabled the plugins by temporarily renaming the folder.

Lastly, after now backing up everything, I’ve gone ahead and replaced the wp-admin and wp-includes folders with a fresh copy, to no avail.

Any ideas? The website and every page (wp-admin, wp-login.php) just gives a 500 internal server error message.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Hi there,

Thats occurring because your hosting provider hasn’t provided you the permission to redeclare the php configurations through the site.So if you will remove the php.ini file that you have placed in the site, it will work properly.

If you really need to change the maximum execution time and memory limit, you should consult with your hosting provider.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Error – Max execution time exceeded during installation’ is closed to new replies.