• Resolved Treebeard

(@malawimama)

Since the next to last update (not the one yesterday, the previous one), the Posts page throws a 500 Error. Every other page in the admin works fine, it’s only happening on Posts. I did update to the latest version today, and it didn’t fix the problem.

I received an email from the website that says:

“In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Yoast SEO.”

The only way to access the Posts page in the admin now, is to deactivate Yoast.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Treebeard.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plugin Support devnihil

(@devnihil)

@malawimama We’re sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue on your site.

We’re sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue on your site.

Can you confirm you are using WordPress 6.1.1? You can check by clicking on the W in the top left and selecting About. If you need to update, please check with your host provider. Please know that if you are using an older version of WordPress Core you may experience unexpected behavior with Yoast. This guide explains more: https://yoast.com/why-we-dont-support-old-wordpress-versions/

If you update to the most current version of WordPress and Yoast SEO, does this resolve the issue?

If you have already confirmed that both Yoast SEO and WordPress are up to date and the issue is still occurring, we would next recommend performing a conflict check to determine whether another plugin or theme is interfering with the Yoast plugin.

The fastest way to do this is to deactivate all non-Yoast plugins and switch to a standard theme like TwentyTwentyOne.

Test this on your development or staging site, if you have one. If not, we recommend using the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin. This plugin allows you to run a conflict check without affecting normal visitors to your site.

If you’re unfamiliar with checking for conflicts, we’d like to point you to a step-by-step guide that will walk you through the process: How to check for plugin conflicts.

Thread Starter Treebeard

(@malawimama)

I should have mentioned, everything is up to date, and I’ve done all of the troubleshooting before posting (sorry! was in such a haze after troubleshooting). I used the Health Check plugin, and the only plugin that was turned on was Yoast SEO. That breaks the POSTS page in the admin. I also re-installed Yoast SEO and it didn’t fix the issue. And again, the issue is only on the POSTS page, no other admin pages have any issues.

Yoast SEO Premium has no problem, it’s just this one that’s the problem.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Treebeard.
    Plugin Support Suwash

(@suascat_wp)

The server error logs usually provide more details about the issue. If you have access to your server error log, note the date and time before generating the error again. Then, immediately check your server error log for any errors during that period. If you don’t have access to your server error log, please ask your hosting provider to look for you.

If you or your web host cannot pinpoint the cause, please provide us with a copy of the server error log for further investigation. As server logs can cover a significant amount of time, please limit the error log to a few minutes before and after the behavior was reproduced.

If the server error log does not contain any errors at the time of the issue, please enable advanced WordPress debugging with the code here. This code requires that you change line 84 to point to a path on your server. Your web host can provide you with a secure path to save the error.log file.

Thread Starter Treebeard

(@malawimama)

I checked the error log and there’s nothing there, but I did set errors to display in the config file and saw a memory limit issue. Also received several emails from the site saying there was a fatal error with Yoast SEO, which I mentioned above. It seems that Yoast SEO uses way more memory on the POSTS page in the admin, than any other plugin, and I have increased memory limits to the max. It doesn’t help. Looks like we may have to use a different plugin.

Plugin Support Suwash

(@suascat_wp)

The issue might have occurred in a combination of the server memory limitation. To rule out this, could you please check once by increasing a memory limit following the steps?

Thread Starter Treebeard

(@malawimama)

I already did that and unfortunately maxed it out to as much as the server allows.

Hey @malawimama,

Thank you for your continued patience in finding the root cause here.

From an external standpoint and without having actual access to error or usage logs to see what queries are running that cause a lot of memory to be consumed, it’s hard to tell what is happening. As you mentioned Yoast SEO Premium in one of your previous replies – do you have an active subscription? If so, please reach out to us directly and we can see how we can further diagnose the issue with more details on the hosting environment, site structure, plugins, etc.

Hopefully we help you in finding the root cause of the post overview page issue.

Thread Starter Treebeard

(@malawimama)

As I mentioned a few times, the error logs are blank – nothing registered so there’s literally nothing to see.

anyway I installed a different plugin so problem solved.

thanks anyway for trying!

Plugin Support devnihil

(@devnihil)

@malawimama Thanks for your reply. We’re sorry to hear that you resolved by moving to another plugin, but we do understand.

We are going ahead and marking this issue as resolved, but if you should need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Error in admin since last update’ is closed to new replies.