Support » Plugin: All-In-One Security (AIOS) – Security and Firewall » 500 error after upgrade to 5.1.7

• Resolved Yeva Yvdich

(@yvdich)

hello,
    My site is getting 500 Internal Server error after upgrading to 5.1.7.
    Usually the 500 error occurs because of an incorrect code in the .htaccess, I don’t know what update caused the error.

I renamed .htaccess and the site is up and running again. Please help.

Thank you

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plugin Support aporter

(@aporter)

Hi,

Can you check your PHP error logs and copy it’s contents here please?

Best Wishes,

Ashley

Thread Starter Yeva Yvdich

(@yvdich)

jasolution

(@jasolution)

I am also seeing 500 error after updating from 5.1.5 to 5.1.7

[24-Mar-2023 12:51:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_value() on null in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-helper.php:23
    Stack trace: 0 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-helper.php(59): AIOS_Helper::get_server_detected_user_ip_address() 1 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-utility-ip-address.php(17): AIOS_Helper::get_user_ip_address() 2 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-blocking.php(103): AIOWPSecurity_Utility_IP::get_user_ip_address() 3 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-general-init-tasks.php(31): AIOWPSecurity_Blocking::check_visitor_ip_and_perform_blocking() 4 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/wp-security-core.php(547): AIOWPSecurity_General_Init_Tasks->__construct() 5 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): AIO_WP_Security->wp_security_plugin_init('') 6 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) 7 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) 8 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-settings.php(617): do_action('init') 9 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-config.php(97): require_once('/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/publ…') 10 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once('/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/publ…') 11 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/publ…') 12 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/publ…') 13 {main} thrown in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-helper.php on line 23
    Plugin Support aporter

(@aporter)

Hmm @yvdich I’m not sure why your getting that error, if I visit the link directly I get the download as expected

https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall.5.1.7.zip

Could you try downloading that manually and then uploading it to your site?

Plugin Support aporter

(@aporter)

@jasolution That error is from 5.1.6, version 5.1.7 fixes that.

Could you uninstall AIOS completely (your settings are safe)

Then download a fresh copy of 5.1.7 and upload that

https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall.5.1.7.zip

jasolution

(@jasolution)

The issue actually only occurs after updating to 5.1.7. Restoring to 5.1.5 allows the site to load, but as of 5 minutes ago, installing 5.1.7 will trigger the application error.

Filmguy2013

(@filmguy2013)

I got the same exact error as well when I updated to v5.1.7. I had to deactivate the plugin. It really messed up my website. IS there a fix for this?

fogger

(@fgruen)

I had the same problem earlier today after updating from 5.1.5 to version 5.1.7. I had to delete the entire wordpress directory on the server and restore a backup from tonight to restore the site. Now I don’t dare to do another update.

Until there is a secure solution, I will stay with version 5.1.5

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by fogger.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by fogger.
    Plugin Support aporter

(@aporter)

Hi all,

Please make sure you actually have version 5.1.7 this resolves the fatal error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_value() on null

If you have this:

$ip_method_id = $aiowps_firewall_config->get_value('aios_ip_retrieve_method');

On line 23 in all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-helper.php

You do not have version 5.1.7, you have version 5.1.6 where the issue exists.

If you have version 5.1.7 the line will look like this:

$ip_method_id = empty($aiowps_firewall_config) ? '' : $aiowps_firewall_config->get_value('aios_ip_retrieve_method');

If you are on version 5.1.7 and your still getting issues, I need to see the errors from your PHP error log.

Best Wishes,

Ashley

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘500 error after upgrade to 5.1.7’ is closed to new replies.