Support » Plugin: The Events Calendar » 500 Error after updating to 4.9.0.2

• Resolved Glenn Welser

(@gwelser)

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader::setClassMapAuthoritative() in …/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php:38
    Stack trace:
    #0 …/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/vendor/autoload.php(7): ComposerAutoloaderInit74ff208e325ab7469a03c36e1c9fa66e::getLoader()
    #1 …/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Main.php(73): require_once(‘…’)
    #2 …/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Main.php(49): Tribe__Main->__construct(NULL)
    #3 …/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php(400): Tribe__Main::instance()
    #4 …/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php(2799): Tribe__Events__Main->plugins_loaded()
    #5 …/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Tribe__Events__Main::activate(”)
    #6 … in …/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 38

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • ME TOO!!!! This is the error message the wordpress people had to give me! WTH???!!!

Class ‘Tribe__Events__Pro__Plugin_Register’ not found in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php:91

Thread Starter Glenn Welser

(@gwelser)

Looks like a conflict with another version of composer in use by our site’s theme. Only solution is to rollback to an older version of The Events Calendar.

I turned off PRO and just ran the generic one, and it won’t even show up in my widgets. And I PAID for PRO, if it doesn’t work, they need to give me a refund! This has screwed up my whole site 🙁

Hello folks,

Thanks so much for the reports, and so sorry about this error. Our developers are looking into it right now, and hopefully we can find a quick solution.

For now you can downgrade the plugin to the previous version that was working for you.

@thenewsteader please note that premium add-on customers have dedicated support. You are welcome to contact us for help (or refund if needed).

Thanks for your patience while we work on this,
    Best,
    Nico

@gwelser Can you please give me more details on the conflict you mention? We are trying to reproduce the issue but haven’t been able to do it so far. Also knowing the PHP version will help, as well as other particular settings the site might have (different language, WP version if not latest, Multisite, etc).

Oh and one more question, if you only have TEC enabled in the site (no other plugins or themes) is the error visible?

Thanks a ton,
    Nico

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by nicosantos.

Same error here. Watching for solution… php 7.2.7
    [26-Apr-2019 16:43:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader::setClassMapAuthoritative() in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 38

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by editor214.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by editor214.

@nicosantos

I already put in a “ticket” and haven’t heard anything back! The previous version doesn’t work properly either. Please help!

-JAP-

Last version that worked for me was 4.8.2 (fortunately I had a backup), and my site is about as simple as it gets. The calendar page itself displays fine. The av_events_countdown and av_upcoming_events no longer works as it does not see any future events, only past events.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by mpa3d.

This was the response from my hosting provider:

I’ve been reviewing the error messages in the server logs and trying to see if there is anything we can do. From what I can see, the issue with the plug-in seems to be that an error is occurring and the code doesn’t “trap” the error to prevent crashing. Instead, it assumes that everything will work perfectly in setting a specific variable and when that’s not true it crashes. I’m adept enough to correct the problem but you might want to bring the following error to the attention of the plugin developers for support. I should warn you, what they reply with may be over your head and mine as well. I’m not that good with PHP.

(Same error code as posted previously)

I don’t know how much help this will be but hopefully the developer will recognize that and update to their code might be in order.

Our development team is currently in the testing stage with a solution for this issue. It definitely appears there is an older version of Composer running ahead of our Composer autoloader code which presents this type of fatal error. Rather than look into identifying which plugins/themes are causing the fatal error for other plugins running more recent versions of Composer, we’re preparing a release to not rely on the newer class method that was being called in this case.

Thanks for your patience while we resolve this.

I have the same issue. I was able to rename the plug in and my site is backonline. I tried to install 4.9.0 from the developer page and it says the link is expired.

PHP Version 7.3.4
    Windows Server 2016

Error log points to wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\common\vendor\composer\autoload_real.php on line 38
    uncaught error; call to underfined method composer\autoload\classloader::setClassMapAuthoritative

Plugin Author Zach Tirrell

(@zbtirrell)

Hey everybody – really sorry about this issue.

We are still struggling to reproduce this particular issue on our test environments, but, we believe we might have a fix.

Could someone who is experiencing this problem test out this version of The Events Calendar which we are hopeful will resolve things?

https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/the-events-calendar.4.9.0.3.zip

Once we can confirm this fix is legit, we’ll get it pushed out to everyone.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide here.

-Zach

Running fine so far. 🙂

Not working for me. I had to get reset from WordPress again to get back into my site

I have a little ‘upcoming events’ on the home page of my theme (a child theme).

From the 4.9.0.2 version, I started to have this in my error log:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tribe_get_events() in /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-content/themes/DeepFocus-child/home.php:31
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-includes/template-loader.php(77): include()
    #1 /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/var/www/xxxxxx...')
    #2 /var/www/xxxxxx/index.php(17): require('/var/www/xxxxxx...')
    #3 {main}
      thrown in /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-content/themes/DeepFocus-child/home.php on line 31, referer: http://www.xxxxxx.xx//wp-admin/plugins.php

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tribe_is_event_query() in /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-content/themes/DeepFocus-child/includes/breadcrumbs.php:18
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-includes/template.php(706): require()
    #1 /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-includes/template.php(653): load_template('/var/www/xxxxxx...', false)
    #2 /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-includes/general-template.php(157): locate_template(Array, true, false)
    #3 /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-content/themes/DeepFocus/404.php(10): get_template_part('includes/breadc...')
    #4 /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-includes/template-loader.php(77): include('/var/www/xxxxxx...')
    #5 /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/var/www/xxxxxx...')
    #6 /var/www/xxxxxx/index.php(17): require('/var/www/xxxxxx...')
    #7 {main}
      thrown in /var/www/xxxxxx/wp-content/themes/DeepFocus-child/includes/breadcrumbs.php on line 18, referer: http://www.xxxxxx.xx/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Error after updating to 4.9.0.2’ is closed to new replies.