WordPress.org

Forums

BackWPup Free - WordPress Backup Plugin
[resolved] 500 error after updating to 3.0.10 (4 posts)

1. Josh Carr
    Posted 1 year ago #

I ran the update and it's making my entire site produce a 500 error.

I removed the plugin and redownloaded a fresh copy -- still gives a 500 error.

I don't have a whole lot of time to troubleshoot this, but please let me know what I can do to help pinpoint the error.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/backwpup/

2. luchtspin
    Posted 1 year ago #

Confirmed (current WP 3.3.2 installation). Fatal error while trying to activate the plugin (3.0.10), details below. Site completely down.

I was able to restore the site by disabling class-install.php. Site is up again, but BackWPup only shows the about page. I'm going to roll back to a previous version.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::add_role() in x:\xxxx\wp-content\plugins\backwpup\inc\class-install.php on line 94

- Sorry, should have added the above to a different post: fatal-error-when-updating

3. Robert Windisch
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi,

we have found the issue for this message. Please apply the changes to class-install.php from this reply. We will release an update next week.

regards,
    Robert

4. luchtspin
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Robert, thank you for your swift reply. All is well now, v. 3.0.10 is up and running. I will upgrade my WP installation soon to 3.5.1, I trust BackWPup will play nice during the upgrade.

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Jeroen.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic