• Resolved skeezicks

(@skeezicks)

bluehost.com offers “50 databases”. Is that a lot? How many databases are needed to support one non-commercial, informational blog?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • One.

bluehost.com offers “50 databases”. Is that a lot? How many databases are needed to support one non-commercial, informational blog?

thats a “come on”.

you need ONE database.

In fact, you need ONE database to support 10 blogs, 9 forums, and 8 something elses. (Space permitting)

The important selling point is the limit on the size of the databases.

They are doing the same thing car stereo salesmen do — talking about peak power output when the important value is RMS power.

Thread Starter skeezicks

(@skeezicks)

Thanks. AN Hosting offers “unlimited” databases. I never did trust a salesman 😉

Is bluehost.com in any way “better than” AN Hosting? The website tool, for example?

a small orange is better than both of them.

http://www.asmallorange.com/

and yes, they offer unlimited mysql dbs

amd no I dont work for them — but I am VERY happy with them. If you do end up using them, use my name in the referer box please:

http://www.village-idiot.org/media/ [moderated xxx]

Uh whoo… do we have some hotlink protection going on?

“They are doing the same thing car stereo salesmen do — talking about peak power output when the important value is RMS power.”

Yeah, it’s also possible they may even mean 50 tables, not databases. Some folks don’t know the difference between the two.

oops! My apologies to anyone who saw that image! 🙁

I’m hosted with Bluehost and I can’t help but to make a quick comment to let you know that Bluehost does legitimately offer 50 databases and you can use one database to store information for multiple blogs, forums, etc., provided you know how to do so. They do not have a limit on the size of the database, either.

50 is an arbitrary number with absolutely NO meaning, when applied to this. It may as well be 23 or 84. Thats why *most* hosts offer unlimited or one.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘50 Databases – Is That A Lot’ is closed to new replies.