WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » [Resolved] 5.0 broke in-post Google Adsense ad completely

[Resolved] 5.0 broke in-post Google Adsense ad completely

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author Mike Koepke
    Participant

@mike_koepke

Somebody else just reported this. Let me figure out what the story is.

Not sure why it is not showing correctly.

As for the svn tags, I actually have my own svn server running where code is checked into and then it merges the checkin with the wp svn repository. I thought it used to handle tagging correctly. I’ll have to look into this as well.

Mike

archon810
    Participant

@archon810

Cheers, Mike.

Plugin Author Mike Koepke
    Participant

@mike_koepke

Please try the 5.1 version.

archon810
    Participant

@archon810

Just upgraded to latest trunk. Looks like it’s working.

archon810
    Participant

@archon810

Errr, something is up with the parsing code. Take a look at this page: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/22/facebook-4-0-test-build-reveals-drastically-revamped-design-apk-download/?cachebust=353464

You’ll see that the first mirror link is not marked as nofollow and doesn’t open in a new window.

Participant

@mike_koepke

Looks like the adsense stuff is working.

the problem link is

<a href="http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291680607">Android Police mirror #1</a>

in this case it maybe the local vs. external link detection hiccuping and it thinks it is an internal link. I’m have to check that code. I’m guessing the /?f=…. needs to be handled better.

archon810
    Participant

@archon810

/? seems like a pretty common use case, don’t you think? :-]

I wonder what else it breaks. Do you have unit tests?

Participant

@mike_koepke

It is a very common case and I shouldn’t speculate. It turns out there is an anchor link before that link causing the problem. (You actually have an additional one up on the page that was broken too).

<a class="toc-anchor" name="download"></a>

If the code encountered an empty anchor link it would cause the following link or img to not be processed correctly. This bug has been there for a long time. The soon to be released version will correct this bug.

Mike

(and yes I have quite an extensive set of test links as 3rd party service keep finding new ways of embedding attributes to add functionality.

archon810
    Participant

@archon810

The TOC plugin is causing those, but I think they’re valid – their only purpose is to place named bookmarks around the page we can jump to.

I’ll keep an eye out for the next version. Thanks.

archon810
    Participant

@archon810

5.2 fixes this, confirmed.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 5.0 broke in-post Google Adsense ad completely’ is closed to new replies.