Support » Plugin: Comments - wpDiscuz » 5 stars even though I can’t use it…

• Pádraig Ó Beirn

(@padraigbeirne)

UPDATE:November 2018
    I’ve implemented the native WordPress commenting system which can be styled really well and, most importantly, works great on ALL areas of my site – category pages, static home pages and posts. This plugin is still worth 5-stars for anyone who just wants customisable comments on posts.
    ——————————————–

I’ve spent considerable time testing various comment plugins as I plan to move from my existing comment system based on Facebook. I played with this, deactivated, tried others and came back to it again because it’s the best.
    PRO
    – Easy to install.
    – Can be color-customised for any theme.
    – Light and fast.
    – So many options yet very easy to configure.
    – The free version is great but there are lots of add-on features such as front-end moderation if you need them.

CON
    – Can’t seem to use on non-static home page or category pages with a list of posts. I’ve checked the documentation and carried out various searches but it just seems to be compatible with single posts for now.

This one con is the reason I can’t use it on my site but I still couldn’t give it any less than 5 stars – it’s so well thought out. I really hope that it’s just a matter of time before it can be used on category pages as the native WordPress comment system doesn’t have a problem with this. If anyone could post a hack I’d love to switch to WPDiscuz straight away but, as it is, I must wait and hope for this being implemented in future updates.

• The topic ‘5 stars even though I can’t use it…’ is closed to new replies.