Support » Everything else WordPress » 5 blogs, 2o minutes

  • Today, I uploaded and installed 5 WP blogs in less than 20 mins.
    Blog #1 & #2 are on different servers so I did a simultaneous upload, and that took 4 minutes. I opened them up in tabs and went through the installation at the same time. It only took about 2 mins.
    Blog #3, #4, and #5 are all on the same server. I was able to login to ftp 3 times, and waiting for one set of files to upload and copying them would be wasting time. I ended jacked little sister #1’s laptop and little sister #2’s pc. (That took a good 10 mins, but let’s not count that.) Being quite the overachiever, I keep a copy of WP (fresh from the CVS) on my USB memory stick. I uploaded the files in 8 minutes (the pc is slooowww). Then I opened each one up in a tab and installed. It only took me 3 mins.
    I handed my mom and sisters their passwords and sent them on their way. Now 80% of my family is “powered by WordPress”. My dad is the other 20%, but he has now idea how to use a computer.
    Did I mention that I was eating cereal while I was doing all of this? Reese’s. Yum. 😉
    http://typicalgirl.net/journal/
    http://typicalgeek.net/wp/
    http://jessica.re-mixed.net/journal/
    http://sarah.re-mixed.net/journal/
    http://mom.re-mixed.net/journal/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘5 blogs, 2o minutes’ is closed to new replies.