• Hi,

Eventhough I choose not to use Javascript:
    simple HTML character encoding.

Your plugin now loads 4 additional javascript files:
    – wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1′ id=’jquery-core-js
    – wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.3.2′ id=’jquery-migrate-js
    – wp-content/plugins/email-encoder-bundle/core/includes/assets/js/custom.js?ver=210210-93806′ id=’eeb-js-frontend-js’
    – wp-content/plugins/email-encoder-bundle/core/includes/assets/js/encoder-form.js?ver=210210-93806′ id=’eeb-js-ajax-ef-js’

So how should I explain that to my customer who sees his JS files jump from 5 to 9 and his SEO guys are complaining.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Sven

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Plugin Author Ironikus

(@ironikus)

Hi @mediafishcanarias – Thanks for reaching out, as well as for using our plugin.
    The first two files you mentioned are not directly loaded by our plugin, but from the jquery migrate functionality.
    As with the WordPress update 5.5, this feature should not be activated by default, which leads me to my next point: Do you use any jQuery migrate plugin that adds migration files automatically? If so, you would need to manually unregister the jQuery files within your functions.php file.

As for the other two files: While custom.js is necessary, the encoder-form.js is only active for backward compatibility.
    In case you would like to deactivate it, please head over to your WordPress dashboard -> Email Encoder -> check the Advanced Settings checkbox and save. Once that’s done, you will find an extended setting called Encoder form settings. In it, you will find a checkbox for activating the encoder form – Please uncheck it and save the settings.
    This causes the file to be removed as well.

While this brings you down to up to one file for our plugin, I also suggest using a modification plugin such as Autoptimize to minify all of your available scripts. This will increase performance on a higher scale and lets you not worry about enqueuing of any files, whether from plugins or themes.

Feel free to let me know in case you have any further questions.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘5 additional Javascript files’ is closed to new replies.