Support » Fixing WordPress » 5.5 Plugin install & overwrite question

• Hello,

Let’s say I have a plugin installed from the WP Plugins Directory, with plugin slug, plugin-name.

The active installations count should increase by 1.

I then download the Pro version of that plugin that has the same plugin slug, plugin-name.

With 5.5 update I will be able to overwrite the existing free version with the pro version without any issues.

My question is, will the active installations remain at 1 since I previously installed the free version, or is there a condition check on WP’s part where they know that I have installed the pro version that is provided from a developer’s site and lose my active installations?

Thank you.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Sounds like you may be concerned about a pro version of a plugin…

You need to ask this of that plugin’s author.

Thread Starter Stergos Zamagias

(@stergosz)

My question doesn’t have to do with a specific plugin.

It’s more of a question whether the new feature coming in 5.5 will keep active installations count if we install a pro plugin, with the same slug, on top of the existing free version that was downloaded via the WP Plugins Directory.

This has to do with a future plugin.

This is to determine whether this method will keep the active installations on WordPress.org/plugins once they install the Pro version on top of the Free.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘5.5 Plugin install & overwrite question’ is closed to new replies.