Support » Fixing WordPress » [5.1.0] Gutenberg paragraph blocks not wrapped in p tags

• pcgeek86

(@pcgeek86)

I’m running self-hosted WordPress 5.1 with Gutenberg 5.2.0 on an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linode server. It has been working great for many years.

However, I started authoring a new post a couple of days ago, and noticed that regular paragraph blocks in any new posts I create are not getting wrapped in <p> tags when I “preview” the page.

This behavior ultimately means that paragraph blocks in Gutenberg are not being separated by line breaks, but instead are running together. I am using the Chrome Dev Tools to inspect the HTML, and noticing that the <p> tags are missing. My existing posts seem to be unaffected by this issue.

I love WordPress and Gutenberg, but I need to figure out how to get this issue fixed so I can keep writing and publishing. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot what’s going on here?

In terms of recent changes: I’ve made some edits to my custom CSS for scrollbar customizations and some light animations on the post titles, but that has nothing to do with the fact that <p> tags are missing from paragraph blocks entirely.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Thread Starter pcgeek86

(@pcgeek86)

FYI I installed the Classic Editor plugin, and I am able to create new posts that have proper paragraphs. However, I’d like to stick with the Gutenberg interface, since I’ve grown accustomed to that ever since it was pre-5.0. I’m hoping the next Gutenberg update fixes whatever issue cropped up. Please and thank you, WordPress team!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘[5.1.0] Gutenberg paragraph blocks not wrapped in p tags’ is closed to new replies.