Hi,

After updating from 4.9.9 to 5.0.2
    I’m able to login
    no plugins activated
    Twenty Nineteen theme installed
    did manual reinstall
    did database repair. Seems to be OK
    running a test-install on same server with its own database

I can see the pages and posts but still cannot access them, or create new ones. I’m getting a white screen and long Fatal Error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘WP_REST_Autosaves_Controller’ not found in /../wp-includes/rest-api.php:198 Stack trace: #0
    /../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): create_initial_rest_routes(Object(WP_REST_Server)) #1
    /../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2
    /../wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3
    /../wp-includes/rest-api.php(461): do_action(‘rest_api_init’, Object(WP_REST_Server)) #4
    /../wp-includes/rest-api.php(419): rest_get_server() #5
    /../wp-includes/rest-api.php(1367): rest_do_request(Object(WP_REST_Request)) #6
    [internal function]: rest_preload_api_request(Array, ‘/’) #7
    /wp-admin/edit-form-blocks.php(79 in /../wp-includes/rest-api.php on line 198

Hoping to get some advice / ideas …

Best wishes!

Bert

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Moderator Steven Stern (sterndata)

(@sterndata)

Volunteer Forum Moderator

Try a manual update to make sure you have all the 5.0.2 files:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress#Manual_Update

Thread Starter windansea

(@windansea)

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, _manually_ I did twice, and deleting first the whole admin/includes directories on the webserver. The way I update since years…

Bert

Moderator Steven Stern (sterndata)

(@sterndata)

You said “running a test-install on same server with its own database”. Do you get the same error on the test system as the production site?

(@sterndata)

Does the file wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-autosaves-controller.php exist and is it readable?

Thread Starter windansea

(@windansea)

Steven,
    The other server is a production server 4.9.9 and no problem since years

Yes, readable: 0664 > wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-autosaves-controller.php

I just noticed that clicking on the comments in the dashboard section gives

Class ‘WP_Block_Type_Registry’ not found with 7 generated errors from wp-includes/script-loader.php on line 2421 (also present and readable)

(@sterndata)

Please install the health check plugin and report back its findings from the debug tab: https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/

Thread Starter windansea

(@windansea)

I forgot this detail: I did change all the paths (home, siteurl) in the database wp_options and in the .htaccess file

Bert

Thread Starter windansea

(@windansea)

Steven,

WordPress
    PHP
    MySQL
    Web Server
    apache/2.4.18

Yay! The transients were cleaned up successfully.
    Yay, nxsSNAPNetworks_bck option was deactivated successfully.

Bert

Thread Starter windansea

(@windansea)

Steven,

FYI: I just started a complete new fresh (empty) database with the same errors as result. So the database should be OK and the source of the error should be somewhere in the directories (??)

Moderator Samuel Wood (Otto)

(@otto42)

WordPress.org Admin

Yes, _manually_ I did twice, and deleting first the whole admin/includes directories on the webserver. The way I update since years…

You say you updated the wp-admin and wp-includes directories.

Did you forget to update the root files as well? The main files like wp-settings.php, or wp-load.php, or wp-login.php? All those root files need to be updated too.

If the files are there, but not being loaded, because you didn’t update the wp-settings.php file which contains the includes for them, then that would be your problem. That’s why it is step 7 in the instructions you were linked to earlier:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress#Manual_Update

Thread Starter windansea

(@windansea)

Dear Samuel, Steven,

Thanks for reading so well: indeed after years of updating (..), this time I did mixed up two directories (..) without discovering myself. I never imagined that this could happen to me too… ;-), and so a little ashamed now.

Sorry for taking your time and thanks a lot for all your efforts!

Now with a good reason: ‘Very Best Wishes’!

Bert

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘5.0.2 update problem: Class ‘WP_REST_Autosaves_Controller’ not found’ is closed to new replies.