Support » Fixing WordPress » 5.0.1 Update

• How do I revert to previous wordpress core installation?

5.0.1 is not good,
    what happened to visual/text tabs they were really useful and easily accessible not any more.
    the page view no longer bears any relation to how the page might look
    what happened to the excerpt ability in the options
    many other gripes!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hello MikeKJ,

If you are know the previous wordpress version then download the sites previous wordpress version from wordpress.org directory and Replace “wp-admin” & “wp-includes” folder and all the core files except “wp-config.php” file with new version of the “wp-admin” & “wp-includes” folder & core files.

Please see screenshot: http://prntscr.com/lwxiqo

I concur! The new editor is terrible! Along with what you said MikeKL, I have this huge screen and it uses only 25% of it.

Moderator Samuel Wood (Otto)

(@otto42)

WordPress.org Admin

If you want the old editor back, install the “Classic Editor” plugin and that will bring it back.

The new editor is much better though. I recommend that you give it a try for a while. If you found yourself always having to switch to the code view to do things, then you might find that you don’t need to do that nearly as often with the block editor.

Great. Yet another plugin is needed. And Classic will work for only a little while, from what I’ve seen on the forums.

The block editor I notice has it’s own version of tiny-mce it seems which is pathetic and ignores the TinyMCE Advanced plugin I install on EVERY site I build!

I am yet to be convinced, I really do not see this as an improvement to usability or visual representation.

Frankly it sucks, I really hope it improves rapidly.

Oh and thank you for the Classic Editor plugin, much appreciated

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘5.0.1 Update’ is closed to new replies.