• Resolved Arealpolitik

(@arealpolitik)

Upgraded to 4.5 and immediately lost text editing mode in post/page editor and add media button no longer works. I see this same problem being raised everywhere. Any quick solution on the very near horizon?

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • RwkY

(@rwky)

I’m testing in a sandbox… problem after upgrading to 4.5 is that VC does something in the database that ruins the wysiwyg in WordPress editor.

tested with latest version of VC.

Tried to downgrade, even deleted all files from the root site (kept wp-config – it’s clean) and still the same problem.

There is something wrong with the database.

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

Do you have a backup you can restore from?

Otherwise, since that is a commercial plugin, we ask that you please go to their official support channel, so you can get support from the people who know it best.

http://support.wpbakery.com/

Forum volunteers are also not given access to commercial products, so they would not know why it is not working properly. Other community members who may have faced your issue might be able to help you but your best bet is your product’s developer. Keep in mind we encourage you to use the official support venues, as it allows the developers to be aware of issues with their code and gives back to the community in a more robust way.

RwkY

(@rwky)

@james I know that, problem is that VC is supplied through my theme.

My theme creator has a remote server where he updates the VC files so I was able to get the latest version.

Problem is that I can’t seem to isolate it.

ps. Also the VC support is for paid users only 🙁

Naturally_Speaking_Photo

(@naturally_speaking_photo)

Hello everyone,

I’m no one’s expert when it comes to this, so please excuse me.

All I want to do is to be able to upload my pictures and I can’t. I’ve done just about everything here, cookies, history, etc. and have even downloaded WordPress again. I’m still not able to upload my pictures. Can anyone help please and thanks.

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

@rwky In that case, you’ll need to contact your theme’s support.

@naturally_speaking_photo That’s very different that what’s being discussed here, please open your own thread: https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting#postform

RwkY

(@rwky)

@james – they already know about the problem…

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

Ok, then they’ll need to fix it. There really isn’t anything we can do about that here.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘4.5 Breaking Sites – Visual Editor Losing Text Mode and Add Media’ is closed to new replies.