• Resolved coreni

(@coreni)

For several days (I did not make chages meanwhile, no new plugins, no code tweaing) when I am tryig to install a new plugin it waits for response and… the creen turns white and empty. The same if I try to ubdate trough update-core.
    Updating trough /plugins/ works… kind of… If I klick Updae below the plugin’s name it indicates starting updating, but nothing happens. Howevr If I refresh the page, the plugin seems updated. Turned on the debug but don’t see any message, the host’s errow log is also empty. Tryed another and cliea browser – same deala.
    Any ideas?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Deactivate all (…yes, all) of your plugins and test updating or installing a plugin again. If you can update or install a plugin, then one of the other plugins is conflicting with WordPress.

Activate one plugin at a time and test updating or installing a plugin again until you cannot update or install a plugin. That will be the plugin in conflict. Deactivate it and post on the plugin’s support forum this issue.

If you cannot upload, leave the plugins deactivated and activate the default 2016 (…or 2015, 2014, 2013) theme. This will deactivate your theme. Try updating or installing a plugin again. If you can, then your theme is interfereing with WordPress. Contact the theme`s developers.
    If you cannot, there are other options to explore.

Thread Starter coreni

(@coreni)

I have this first. No luck.
    But I have inspected my emails, I have found a message from my host provider, informing me that I have exceeded my quota of daliy CPU usage on 25-th January. Which is a bit strange because this website does traffic peaks at a different hour than the specified. I use various cashing opitimizations + Wordfense (which did not detect brute force attack or somenthing). The hosting provider makes some “maintrances” these days and I suggest it could well be a server problem, causing overloads due to poor configuraton. Or they are just blackmailing me for more money as the project starts to rise traffic (not so much, trough, it’s just a blog).
    Anyway, it seems a server issue problably. Just nothing that it appeared after updating to 4.1.1.

Just nothing that it appeared after updating to 4.1.1.

This began shortly after updating to WordPress 4.4.1? yes/no?
    If so, then replacing the wp-includes directory would be the next logical step.

Thread Starter coreni

(@coreni)

Yes, but I have not done anything for months except adding new content and updating anything that needs an update. I use only very popular plugins and a theme… At some point updating a plugin just became a problem (after updating some since updating to 4.1.1).
    I am going to move on a differet host, do a clean install, replicate the same plugns and configuration, migrate the content and see if the problem will solve itself or not.

Thread Starter coreni

(@coreni)

The plugin instalation issue is solved after writing to my hosting provider and they added a php.ini.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘4.4.1 white screen when trying to install plugins’ is closed to new replies.