• mog

(@mog)

4/28 build, mod rewrite only worked for categories, nothing else. The old rules generated from 3/10 worked so I used them.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Moderator Matt Mullenweg

(@matt)

How didn’t they work? Did it cause a server error or were the links 404? Can you post your WordPress URI, your blog URI, and the permalink rules it gave you?

Sushubh

(@sushubh)

hey matt, is teh issue with the links in calendar resolved?

Anonymous

http://www.mindofmog.net/ got 404 file not found with this mod rewrite generated by the 4/28 build
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^archives/category/(.*)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?category_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/category/?(.*) /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/category/?(.*) /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]
    but worked with this one generated by the 3/10 build
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^archives/category/(.*)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?category_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/category/?(.*) /single.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/author/(.*)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?author_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/author/?(.*) /single.php?author_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?([0-9]+)?/?$ /single.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&page=$5 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/([_0-9a-z-]+)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&feed=$5 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/([_0-9a-z-]+)/trackback/?$ /wp-trackback.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^feed/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?$ /wp-feed.php?feed=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^comments/feed/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?$ /wp-feed.php?feed=$1&withcomments=1 [QSA]

carthik

(@carthik)

The first one only had 3 Rewrite rules, mostly for the categories, so perhaps it was just that there was a scroll bar in the area where you got the rewrite rules from.
    Anyways, unless you update the Permalinks schema, I don’t think there is a need to change what’s in .htaccess, between different alphas of 1.2

Thread Starter mog

(@mog)

Ah you’re right, there was and I missed it. Sometimes I miss stuff, so tried the new one, turned out to be even longer than the old one. See if it works in a few.

Beel

(@beel)

As above, I noticed the permalink structure has double entries (but it works fine on my end).

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘4/28 build mod rewrite’ is closed to new replies.