Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Plugin Author Brandon Kraft

(@kraftbj)

Code Wrangler

@jardeath – It may not be necessary anymore. We were holding for the 4.2.2 maintenance release (as it corrected some of the functionality that caused this).

A request:
    Could someone who was impacted by this bug and running 4.2.2 try out the stable version of WPSC to confirm the core update would resolve this?

Basically, the problem was in 4.2/4.2.1, the compat mb_strlen function newly added assumed the charset for mb_strlen would match the charset of the blog, which isn’t true in our case.

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/32364 changed this behavior in trunk (32367 for the 4.2 branch) to say that if no encoding was passed via mb_strlen, then assume the blog’s encoding. Otherwise, use the passed value and if it doesn’t match one of the utf8 encoding, then just return strlen, which is what WPSC itself is doing already (in the stable version) when mb_strlen wasn’t available.

Thread Starter Vmwp

(@vmwp)

WordPress 4.2.2 + WPSC 1.4.4 (Release) w/ GZIP enabled = working

Yeah seems to have started working for me as well since 4.2.2

4.2.2 also resolved the issue for me.

it works fine on my single site installs, but the issue persists when compression is on in multisite even with mbstring enabled… any ideas?

Plugin Author Brandon Kraft

(@kraftbj)

Code Wrangler

@hackycode – that sounds like a different issue. Could you enable debugging, recreate the failure, then check out the logs to see what they say occurred? If you need help, please open a new thread and mention my name in the subject so it catches my eye (since, unfortunately, don’t have the resources to get to every question 🙁 ).

Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘4.2.1 initial blank page load’ is closed to new replies.