• Resolved psheld

(@psheld)

Hi, Advanced Excerpt updated to 4.2 an hour ago. But for the life of me, I can’t see what to fix wrt my homepage, screenshot: http://ow.ly/i/5HuDI/original

Theme: Swish by Kreative
    URL: eulerpartners.com

Any ideas gratefully received! Thanks.

_________

For search purposes, the error reads:

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/philipsh/public_html/eulerpartners/wp-content/plugins/advanced-excerpt/class/advanced-excerpt.php on line 86

Warning: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/philipsh/public_html/eulerpartners/wp-content/plugins/advanced-excerpt/class/advanced-excerpt.php on line 86

Warning: array_intersect(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/philipsh/public_html/eulerpartners/wp-content/plugins/advanced-excerpt/class/advanced-excerpt.php on line 88

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-excerpt/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Thread Starter psheld

(@psheld)

I should add that I uninstalled and deleted the plugin and reinstalled, but to no avail.

Thread Starter psheld

(@psheld)

Just rolled back to 4.1.1 successfully.

I’m having the same issue with my company’s website. I’m wondering if the downgrade will erase the website layout our old designer made. I notice that deactivating/activating puts the structure back, but still the Warning messages.

Thread Starter psheld

(@psheld)

You should have no problem with layout. This plugin doesn’t impact layout, only the length and styling of excerpts.

Deactive the plugin
    Delete all the files at /plugins/advanced-excerpt
    Download and unzip 4.1.1
    Move these files to the directory above
    Reactivate the plugin

It should now say it’s version 4.1.1 and your site should work properly again. If you have an auto-updater plugin, you might want to disable that until things are fixed here.

Strange. The only reason I worry is on our site (www.smithgifford.com), when the plugin is deactivated, it takes down the ‘Recent Work, Blog, and Tweet Us’ columns. So I’m worried there is some customized code in there.

Thread Starter psheld

(@psheld)

If your theme doesn’t fall back gracefully to the normal excerpt thingummy then it may well be that nothing gets displayed and you get the behavior you’re seeing.

Doing the steps I explained above should fix things though. Confident of that.

Thread Starter psheld

(@psheld)

For the record, this is what smithgifford.com looks like before themrhanksmith fixes it.

http://ow.ly/i/5HQad/original

Perfect! Made the downgrade and everything is running smooth! Thanks for your time

Hi guys, would anyone here have a staging / testing site I could possibly log into to attempt to debug this issue? I’m having difficulties replicating this bug in my development environment. If so, please drop me an email at chris@deliciousbrains.com with your site’s credentials

4.2 It has broken my site too. Trying to work out how to get back to the previous version πŸ™

If anyone needs a quick fix I’d be more than happy to do some debugging on your website and get it fixed up for you. Please email me at chris@deliciousbrains.com

Thanks!

I managed to find the old 4.1.1 and uploaded it so my site is working fine again now.

Hi Guys, sorry for the hiccups.

No one has provided me access to their environments so I haven’t been able to debug this problem in a live environment.

I believe I was able to replicate the problem in my development environment though.

As such, I’ve just released version 4.2.1 of the plugin. This will hopefully fix the problems you’ve been having.

Is anyone able to upgrade and let me know if the problem is solved?

Thanks!

Thread Starter psheld

(@psheld)

Thanks Chris. Looks like you’re in a different timezone to me, and I’ve been sleeping πŸ™‚

Just upgraded to 4.2.1 without problem. All good. Thank you most kindly sir.

Excellent, I’ll mark this thread as resolved. If anyone has any further problems, please open up a new thread.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘4.2 has broken my homepage’ is closed to new replies.