Title: 412 Error
Last modified: August 21, 2016

---

# 412 Error

 *  [larryjames](https://wordpress.org/support/users/larryjames/)
 * (@larryjames)
 * [13 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/412-error/)
 * I am receiving a 412 Error when I tried to add a link to one of my social media
   profiles.
 * > Your request got filtered out due to possible security issues.
   > One or more things in your request were suspicious (defective request header,
   > invalid cookies, bad parameters)
   > If you think you did nothing wrong:
   > try again with a different browser
   >  avoid any evil characters inside the request
   > url If you are the owner of the website, you can consider revising the rules
   > of the mod_security module or turning it off from your Web Hosting Control 
   > Panel.
 * I am not going to disable the security settings on my server. I was wondering
   if perhaps the error is due to
 * > evil characters inside the request url
 * [http://wordpress.org/plugins/local-search-seo-contact-page/](http://wordpress.org/plugins/local-search-seo-contact-page/)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 *  Plugin Author [ExpertBusinessSearch](https://wordpress.org/support/users/expertbusinesssearch/)
 * (@expertbusinesssearch)
 * [12 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/412-error/#post-4137003)
 * Hi Larry,
 * This one flew under my radar. I have not seen a problem like this before, are
   you perhaps able to see your access/error logs, or possibly a log for mod_security?
   I am not too familiar with mod_security myself.
 *  [inetkemp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/inetkemp/)
 * (@inetkemp)
 * [12 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/412-error/#post-4137024)
 * I am having the same problem since I have updated WordPress to 3.9.1.
 *  [gongs](https://wordpress.org/support/users/gongs/)
 * (@gongs)
 * [12 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/412-error/#post-4137026)
 * Anybody solve this kind of problem? I am having the same problem too.. Please
   help!!
 * I’m trying to logged In to my wp-admin, and i received 412 error same as Larrjames
   but when I look at the front page the site is running okay. just the admin side
   won’t work.
 * Thank you..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 The topic ‘412 Error’ is closed to new replies.

 * ![](https://s.w.org/plugins/geopattern-icon/local-search-seo-contact-page_e7dcd7.
   svg)
 * [Local Search SEO Contact Page](https://wordpress.org/plugins/local-search-seo-contact-page/)
 * [Frequently Asked Questions](https://wordpress.org/plugins/local-search-seo-contact-page/#faq)
 * [Support Threads](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/local-search-seo-contact-page/)
 * [Active Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/local-search-seo-contact-page/active/)
 * [Unresolved Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/local-search-seo-contact-page/unresolved/)
 * [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/local-search-seo-contact-page/reviews/)

 * 3 replies
 * 4 participants
 * Last reply from: [gongs](https://wordpress.org/support/users/gongs/)
 * Last activity: [12 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/412-error/#post-4137026)
 * Status: not resolved