Support » Plugin: Redirection » 410 Redirection not working

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author John Godley

(@johnny5)

This is working fine for me. Do you have any kind of caching on your site?

Hi,

I’m using W3Total and Cloudflare.
    Btw I found that the issue is slightly different than described above.

For example, after cleaning of all plugin caches and the Cloudflare cache, and testing an already removed url with a redirect checker, the first check shows always 404 and the second, and all next checks – 200 OK is returned. It’s the same with all my 404s. I tested numerous times.

I guess that this issue has the same origin as the issue described in my first post. Btw I found out that the newly made 410s do actually exist in the redirects section of the plugin. Those urls are shown as 410 at the first check and 200 OK each of the next checks until cache cleaning. I was thinking that the settings are not accepted because I was still able to see the urls in the 404 plugin’s section even after refreshing of the page.

W3Total settings can be seen here: https://imgur.com/MHhW7G8

Cloudflare settings:
    Caching Level: No query string
    Browser Cache Expiration: Respect existing headers

I hope that helps. Let me know if you think that this has turned into a W3Total related issue.

Plugin Author John Godley

(@johnny5)

I don’t use W3Total or Cloudflare so cannot advise about that. If you are changing a redirect, saving, and then reloading to find the original values then it is pretty likely to be an aggressive cache. Whatever is causing this should clear values when they are changed, and should not cache wp-admin or the REST API.

Talking about the 410 response header – I’m not changing a redirect, but adding a redirect to a 404 url. I was refreshing the plugin’s 404 report page, but not checking the Redirects’ section where the newly added redirects are appearing. This is OK, I see it’s working.

Now about 404 returning 200 OK issue – You don’t use W3Total and CF, but I bet that hundreds of thousands of people who use your plugin are using those, so some support about that would be appreciated 🙂

Feel free to close the topic if you feel that the conversation got irrelevant to the title, and let me know if I have to open a new topic on this.

Thanks

Plugin Author John Godley

(@johnny5)

There are many many caching plugins and support for these should go to the plugins themselves – it’s not something I can feasibly can help with.

Redirection does not require any special consideration and uses standard WordPress functions for everything. If you cache a page then it is likely you will get the cached version of the page, regardless of what you configure in Redirection. You will need to clear whatever caches you have.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘410 Redirection not working’ is closed to new replies.