• Hi All:

In the last week or so when I try to write a new post or page on one of my blogs (3 are 2.03, and one 2.04)I get the following error message when I hit either save or publish:

406 error:

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /wp-admin/post.php could not be found on this server.

I haven’t done any major changes on any of my sites. I don’t get this error everytime I start creating pages or posts, but when it does occur it seems to last for hours.

My hosts sever is using PHP 4.4.4 They must have upgraded but I don’t know how recent the upgrade was. I did send them a request for support ticket but haven’t recieved a reply as of yet.

The latest problem that I had was that I was trying to create a new page on my site. Within this page I was trying to add a Blogrolling.com script. I had my user options set so that I was not using the rich text editor. I believe that I’ve been getting this error message most often when I am not using the rich text editor, but I could be wrong.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem or where to look to figure out if something is configured wrong? Please give as much detail as possible. Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I’ve had the same error message. On my end, it was caused by trying to publish the word “chmod” (!!!). It could be that yours is caused by something similar… Still, I have no workaround other than to type “c hmod”.

I’ll try html codes next…

That’s usually indicative that your host is running mod_security. If they won’t “relax” it on your wp-admin directory, have a search here for some possible work-arounds.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘406 error when editing, saving or publishing pages and posts’ is closed to new replies.