WP Smush
[resolved] 405 Not Allowed (6 posts)

1. amberpixi
    Posted 1 year ago #

I keep getting 405 Not Allowed error.

We found 446 images in your media library. Be forewarned, it will take at least 22 minutes to process all these images if they have never been smushed before.

Does that mean I should extend the time for the smush.it response longer? It is set to 120 seconds right now.

2. David
    WPMU DEV Support Staff
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi @amberpixi,

I hope you're well today! :)

Sorry if you've had trouble with that. The error message seems to point to a possible server configuration concern.

Could you provide more details about your setup, such as the following?

- WordPress version
    - Operating system of server: Linux, Windows
    - Type of server: Apache, IIS, etc.

Also, could you let us know where exactly that error message is displayed? Maybe provide a screenshot?

Looking forward to getting this sorted with ya! :)

3. africafreak
    Posted 1 year ago #

Just installed the plugin and I am getting the exact same 405 error. :(

Here's the details:

- WordPress Version 3.9.2

- OS of server = Linux CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

- Server = Apache 2.2.26

- The error is displayed in: wp-admin/upload.php?page=wp-smushit-bulk

- Says: 405 Not Allowed

Thanks a million! :-)

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi @africafreak,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

Are you sure you are using the Apache 2.2.26 server as the error message is displaying nginx/1.6.1 ?

Could you please share me the screenshot of the error message that you are getting?

For screenshots, you can simply provide a link to an image through Google Drive, Dropbox, screencast.com, http://imgur.com/ or other image service. :)

Please check whether the solutions provided in the following reply helps you or not.

Kind Regards,

5. Umesh Kumar
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi @amberpixi, africafreak,

Can you provide the hosting details, is it a shared or VPS and what hosting service you are using?

These details will help to narrow down the reason for the error, as some other users are facing it as well.

6. Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in awhile, so I just wanted to check in to make sure all was good.

This thread was marked resolved, but please, if you still need help then just respond and open it back up. We can then take it from there. :)

Hope you have a fantastic day!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

• WP Smush
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic