A few weeks ago my blog @ ianbell.com stopped working. I had performed two actions...
1) Updating to WP 3.4.0
2) Deleting some old posts that I thought sucked
I'm not 100% certain that either is responsible for the problems I'm having.
- When editing any post in the Admin Console, I get the message:
"There is an autosave of this post that is more recent than the version below. View the autosave." ... when I view the autosave that's linked, it displays text from a completely different post, in fact one of the ones I deleted.
- All of the links on my homepage, sitemap, category indexes, etc. all link to various autosaves which seem to be unrelated to the headers and excerpts. These autosaves all result in 404 errors.
- Page links are also deformed in this manner.
- If I create a new test post, and publish it.. both the published version AND the autosave(s) get added to the published index. (You can see one example of this on the homepage for now)..
I have tried repairing the tables in PHPMyAdmin. This does not seem to have had an effect, though I may have missed a step.
I really clueless as to what to do next, so reaching out to the hive mind. Thanks for your ideas or things to try..