• Resolved worldteamleader

(@worldteamleader)

Hello,

I use the WC Multi Vendor plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-multivendor-marketplace/ and the vendor store pages that are created return a 404 title and no index <meta name = “robots” content = “noindex” />.

When I disable the TSF plugin, the title of the page appears normally. The plugin developer advised me to use Yoast SEO as an SEO plugin but I do not want to use this solution because of all the SEO plugins I have tested, yours is by far the best.

How can I solve this problem please? .

Kind Regards

Eddy

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

(@cybr)

Hi Eddy,

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

TSF only listens to your WordPress environment; it doesn’t influence the environment. Once a 404 page is found, TSF relays that information towards visitors and search engines by outputting a 404 title and setting the noindex robots’ property.

Now, it seems that the WCFM-endpoint you listed don’t list the products well. Once there are products, WCFM should no longer output a 404 error. And, when the 404-issue is resolved, TSF should also act accordingly.

If all else fails, please add this filter to your site (preferably via a plugin); it should disable TSF for WCFM pages:

add_filter( 'the_seo_framework_query_supports_seo', function( $supported ) {
    	if ( function_exists( 'wcfm_is_store_page' ) && wcfm_is_store_page() )
    		return false;

return $supported;
    } );
    Thread Starter worldteamleader

(@worldteamleader)

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply 😉
    I added a product and now I have an untitled page.
    So mysterious…

If i use this code, TSF will continue to reference the products but the store of sellers will no longer be referenced by TSF but will not be in the sitemap either?

Kind regards

Eddy

Thread Starter worldteamleader

(@worldteamleader)

Hi

The code you gave me is functional but does not solve everything about the SEO title of the seller shop. I see that with the developer of the plugin that is problematic.

Thank you

Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

(@cybr)

Hi Eddy,

The filter I gave only affects the page-display-loop, not queries from elsewhere. So, the filter won’t affect the sitemap.

It essentially disables TSF for WCFM pages. Then, default behavior from WordPress and WCFM should ensue. Search engines should still be able to crawl those pages, but TSF won’t relay indexing information. It is suboptimal, but not terrible.

When WCFM supplies their titles to the single_post_title() and single_term_title() function filters, the issues should go away, and no more SEO plugin compatibility layers should be necessary (it is why the authors of WCMF promote using Yoast–they added a layer for them). Telling WP_Query it’s a valid, non-404 query will also help with the WordPress API integrations.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘404 title and no index’ is closed to new replies.