Support » Plugin: WP Meta SEO » 404 & Redirects – few questions

• Resolved kharlo

(@kharlo)

Hello,
    I have few questions about the 404 section, that is the reason why I installed the plugin.
    1- Why is the plugin indexing the “mailto:” links as errors? I have alla links of this type listed as “/index.php/%postname%//mailto:”
    2- What does the “Index internal broken links” do? It never finish the job with bigger sites. If you don’t use the button, does the plugin index the links by itself?
    3- How can I found the page that contains the wrong URL in the 404 index, when the link is automatically indexed? For internal links there is a source, but not here.

Thank you very much!
    Carlo

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-meta-seo/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Plugin Author JoomUnited

(@joomunited)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Hum, we’ll check that and provide a fix if we can reproduce it. Thanks.

2. The internal broken links is checking in all your content for links that brings to a 404. Depending of your server and the amount of content it can, indeed, take a while but it will work as it’s an AJAX request. The plugin will index automatically in new content not existing content.

3. You can’t 🙂 it would consume too much resources to index external URLs that generates the 404 error (Google Webmaster tools may helps in this case!)

Cheers,

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘404 & Redirects – few questions’ is closed to new replies.