• Resolved tlouwet

(@tlouwet)

Issues:

• Loading homepage in different language causes product pages to 404
    • Loading different pages removes previous cache, unless all are product pages

Not sure why these issues occur, but deactivating YOAST SEO fixes them.

Other plugins in use that maintains these issues:

• WooCommerce : for product pages
    • TranslatePress & Transposh : for page and meta translation
    • WP Super Cache : for the caching of all pages

————————————————————-

The 404 error can be reproduced, in this order:

So when homepage is loaded in a different language, it 404s product pages on main language until they reload that page.

So far this has confused website visitors/clients assuming a product doesn’t exist anymore, so it is a pretty annoying issue for sure.

————————————————————-

And when it comes to the caching of pages, I can load homepage in all languages, and they all stay in cache for example

But the moment someone loads anything else, be it a normal or product page, the caches of different pages are removed.

To make it even weirder, as long as only product pages (in any language) are cached/viewed, all caches stay, until someone loads a normal page.

————————————————————-

These are confusing issues, and not sure why YOAST SEO is causing them to happen.

Are these known issues, and is there something I can do?

Regards,
    Timothy

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plugin Support Md Mazedul Islam Khan

(@mazedulislamkhan)

Thanks for reaching out here. We are sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with the Yoast SEO plugin. The issue you’ve described is very odd and we’re not aware of such an issue specific to Yoast SEO yet.

Even though disabling Yoast SEO fixes the issue for you, we’d still like to know whether disabling the Caching plugin fixes the issue for you as well. If not, we’d like you to please perform a full conflict check. This will help us narrow down the exact cause and determine what the next steps are while saving you time.

The fastest way to do this is to deactivate all non-Yoast plugins and switch to a standard theme like Twenty Nineteen

Test this on your development or staging site, if you have one. If not, we recommend using the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin. This plugin allows you to run a conflict check without affecting normal visitors to your site.

As we can imagine that you’re unfamiliar with checking for conflicts, we’d like to point you to a step-by-step guide that will walk you through the process: How to check for plugin conflicts.

Thread Starter tlouwet

(@tlouwet)

Hi @mazedulislamkhan , thank you for your time and support

Health Check & Troubleshooting is a handy plugin I didn’t know of, thanks for the recommendation, saves me changing the online version of the website.

In there I’ve only enabled 3 plugins:

• WooCommerce (to get the product pages)
    • TranslatePress (to swap language selection)
    • Yoast SEO

Testing the 404 issue:
    load product page in dutch = loaded correctly
    load homepage in french > refreshing the product page = “this page cannot be found”
    ( Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () )
    refreshing the product page again = loaded correctly

Without Yoast SEO the 404 issue is not reproduceable
    With Yoast SEO the 404 issue is reproduceable

So stuck at step 11 in the step-by-step guide.

As can be seen, all plugins are up-to-date, and utilizing Twenty-Twenty theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AszJY2KSFOI (video is set unlisted)
    If not enough information, let me know.

I recorded a bit too much, but wanted to make sure I did all steps, a bit on the late side here.

——————————————

The caching issue with WP Super Cache is something I can’t test in this environment as I can’t enable it for troubleshooting, but isn’t as important as the 404 issue currently happening.

Thanks again for your Thorough reply.
    Timothy

Plugin Support Md Mazedul Islam Khan

(@mazedulislamkhan)

Thanks for performing the conflict and sharing all the relevant information with us. The relevant video was really helpful to understand the issue better.

That said, due to the nature of the issue, we’ll need to take a look at your setup. However, we are unable to do it here as this is a public forum.

So, if you have an active Yoast SEO Premium subscription or if you can consider buying one, we can investigate the issue further directly on your setup privately through email.

However, if you don’t wish to get the Yoast SEO Premium subscription, that’s completely fine. In this case, you’ll need to troubleshoot the issue further on your setup as we are literally out of any clue at this moment without taking a look at the setup. So, someone from the community might step forward as well who has experienced or familiar with the issue.

Thanks for your understanding!

Thread Starter tlouwet

(@tlouwet)

Hi @mazedulislamkhan ,

Understandable, but sadly I’m not the one that has the decision power when it comes to such in any case.

A solution I found to both the 404’ing of product pages and the caching issue seems to be to rollback Yoast SEO to version 16.0, so far I’ve been unable to reproduce the issues.

Plugin Support Michael Tiña

(@mikes41720)

Hi,

Basing on the changelog from 16.0 to 16.1.1, it doesn’t sound like there was any bug fix or enhancement related to this issue.

Have you already checked out the relevant documentation in TranslatePress here? Perhaps that might help resolve the issue.

Thread Starter tlouwet

(@tlouwet)

Hi @mikes41720 ,

The website never used SEO Pack addon of TranslatePress,
    which hasn’t been an issue since using both plugins.

I tried reversing the version of TranslatePress instead of Yoast SEO, but issues stayed.

I rolled back Yoast SEO version one by one, to see at which version update the issue starts, both the WP Super Caching and 404’ing of WooCommerce product pages.

Version 16.1 the issues are present.
    Version 16.0.2 the issues are not present.

So I’m assuming something 16.1 did causes it.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by tlouwet.
    Plugin Support Michael Tiña

(@mikes41720)

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.

It looks like we’ll need to take a closer look at your set-up, but we are unable to do so over these forums. If you consider Yoast SEO Premium, it comes with a year of updates and support, and we can investigate this issue further.

Otherwise, if you can confirm that the issue occurs with a default set-up (a default WP theme and only Yoast SEO & TranslatePress), please do file a bug report for both teams, as it would be in your best interest in having both teams to help solve this concern — https://yoast.com/help/how-to-write-a-good-bug-report/

Plugin Support devnihil

(@devnihil)

We are going ahead and marking this issue as resolved due to inactivity. If you require any further assistance please create a new issue.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘404 product pages & Cache removal’ is closed to new replies.