• hey guys Im running wordpress for few months now and one simple day I wasn’t able to login in the panel. it was giving me errors “loop redirects”

so I uninstalled all the plugins and it worked.

Now any plugin I install and click activate it sends me to a 404 page and when I want to login it says that loop redirect.

deleted my htaccess and replaced it but still doesn’t work

any ideas

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • What happens when you comment out that part of your code? Does the problem persist after that?

Make a copy of your functions.php file (so you can revert back to it if needed) and either remove or comment out that part of the code (for testing).

Thread Starter bondigor69

(@bondigor69)

Same problem persist

Here’s another idea: can you provide the contents of the “active_plugins” value inside of your “wp_options” table in your site’s database? Provide that and a list of any active plugins from the time of getting that information. You can get that data by running the following MySQL command:

SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'active_plugins';

Also, count you provide server information like I mentioned above (e.g. PHP and MySQL versions, etc.)?

(@bondigor69)

Showing rows 0 – 0 (1 total, Query took 0.0005 sec)
    SELECT *
    FROM wp_options
    WHERE option_name = ‘active_plugins’
    LIMIT 0 , 30
    [ Inline ] [ Edit ] [ Explain SQL ] [ Create PHP Code ] [ Refresh ]

Start row: Number of rows: Headers every rows

+ Options
    Full texts option_id option_name option_value autoload
    Edit Edit Copy Copy Delete Delete 35 active_plugins a:1:{i:0;s:25:”wp-smushit/wp-smushit.php”;} yes

Thanks. From what I’m seeing here:

a:1:{i:0;s:25:"wp-smushit/wp-smushit.php";}

it looks like you have wpsmushit installed and activated. Do you currently have that plugin active on this installation?

(@bondigor69)

no i dont

(@bondigor69)

php 5.2 ang mySQL 5

Ah ha! Try clearing out the data for that in your database. If you’re not confident on your abilities on this make sure you make a backup of your database first. You should be able to do this through PhpMyAdmin by selecting your database then clicking on the “Export” link in the top navigation. Follow the steps there to download a copy of your database to your computer.

If you want the command to remove it, you can use this (this query should be specific to what you provided above):

UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = '' WHERE option_name = 'active_plugins' AND option_value = 'a:1:{i:0;s:25:"wp-smushit/wp-smushit.php";}';

Rerun this query to make sure it’s cleared out correctly.

SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'active_plugins';

After doing this check to see if your site is still having problems.

Good luck and keep us posted πŸ™‚

(@bondigor69)

ok I did it but it didnt work
    when I tried to install another plugin (w3 total cache) it did the same thing

I checked in the database and I run this
    SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘active_plugins’;

I see
    Full texts option_id option_name option_value autoload
    Edit Edit Copy Copy Delete Delete 35 active_plugins a:1:{i:0;s:33:”w3-total-cache/w3-total-cache.php”;… yes

What happens when you attempt to install a plugin then try to go back to the plugins page (i.e. going to: http://giantgag.com/wp-admin/plugins.php)?

(@bondigor69)

page not found

(@bondigor69)

and wp-admin = loop redirect

You mentioned earlier that you tested this on a new WordPress installation. Where did you install it from? Did you get the files directly from wordpress.org or use an install tool on your hosting provider (e.g. Fastastico or Mojo Marketplace)?

(@bondigor69)

ok so should I go for php 5.4

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘404 pages on plugin installs’ is closed to new replies.