Support » Plugin: All In One WP Security & Firewall » 404-PageNotFound error not possible to LOGIN to Dashboard

• Resolved Lina

(@jumbureto)

Hello,
    I do not manage to access my login-page for the wp dashboard ?!
    I have been traveling and not been able to access the website for a few days (so no updates since last used) – only now that i tried – it opens the website with error 404 message for such page not to be found.
    I tried to access it from different computers – always the same error.

I use this security plugin but have not activated neither hide or change the login page (at least for now following your advise on it about waiting to see first how the website behaves).
    The site is there, only no access to the back.
    Any ideas? Advises? Procedure?

Thank you in advance.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Contributor mbrsolution

(@mbrsolution)

Hi, did you enable the Whitelist feature in the plugin? If you did what IP address did you add?

Regards

Thread Starter Lina

(@jumbureto)

Hello @mbrsolution
    Yes, I did.
    I added addresses from the failed login list that are attempting to login several times (like more then 3, or over several days) and using non-existing account names.

Plugin Contributor mbrsolution

(@mbrsolution)

Hi,

Are you also using one of the Brute Force features like Rename Login Page? If you are, have you tried accessing your admin panel via the yoursite.com/secretword login?

Regards

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by mbrsolution.
    Thread Starter Lina

(@jumbureto)

No, I am not using it.
    I am interested in it, but not advanced enough yet to set it.

The access to dashboard is the login-page set by default on installation of WP

PS:
    I deactivated ALL plugins on the website using the FTP of the hosting-provider.
    Still same result. 🙁
    Would you have any ideas or additional advise? because it looks the problem is not the security plugin.

(@mbrsolution)

Hi,

At this stage your best option is to speak to your host. See if they can find out what is causing this issue.

Let me know what they say.

Kind regards

Thread Starter Lina

(@jumbureto)

Oulala
    So yes, the hosting fixed it.
    They said the security plugin was the problem, overloading the server and advised us to uninstall…

Thank you for your time and help!

(@mbrsolution)

Hi, I am glad to know your host fixed the issue.

They said the security plugin was the problem, overloading the server and advised us to uninstall…

I am curious to know how is our plugin overloading your server? There are hundreds of thousand installs world wide without this issue? What type of server is your site hosted in?

Kind regards

Thread Starter Lina

(@jumbureto)

I see your point
    Thank you again!

I’m basically having the same issue with both websites, I cannot login to the admin dashboard I had to I had to uninstall the plugin via cpanel to gain access to one of the website and I’m in a process of doing the same with the other website.

I’m not travelling or anything but it just gives me a 404-Page Not Found. The secret login url returned the request to the main page, It didn’t work.

Thread Starter Lina

(@jumbureto)

Well, as indicated above… my hosting provider fixed the problem after a ticket
    Unfortunately they did do something to the security of the website that I just noticed and would have to check and fix too…
    If you think it would be helpful, I can reopen this ticket to continue the topic from support?
    Regards and good luck!

(@mbrsolution)

@preechamon, can you start a new support thread so that we can investigate further your issue. This thread is marked as resolved.

Thank you

Ok Sure, I will open a new ticket
    Thanks

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘404-PageNotFound error not possible to LOGIN to Dashboard’ is closed to new replies.