• Whenever I try to access the plugins or themes page on the admin page, I get error 404. I don’t understand why, I haven’t installed any plugins or themes, I actually just installed WordPress a few hours ago.
    Can someone help me with this problem?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which WordPress version you are using.
    If you are using v4.3 then the recommend requirement should be

PHP version 5.6 or greater
    MySQL version 5.5 or greater
    The mod_rewrite Apache module

Try the following:

Activate the default wordpress theme to chceck theme related issue.
    Resetting the plugin folder by FTP.
    Download fresh WordPress and re-uploading all files; except wp-content folder and the wp-config.php.

Before doing the above steps take a backup of your WordPress files as well as your database.

Thread Starter Asteriason

(@asteriason)

Hi, I had no information yet on that WP website, so I just erased it all and reinstalled it with softaculous, installed default theme as you recommended and it worked for the themes! I can now see that option and change them. The problem is that I still can’t see the plugins page. Will it be necessary to do it all by FTP?

(@asteriason)

And yes, I’m using 4.3

(@asteriason)

Ok, I reseted the plugin folder manually and I could access the page. The problem is that I had to put away the plugins, and whenever I try to put one in the folder it gets me the same error, “Oops! That page can’t be found.”

Also, I can’t add a new plugin from the wp-admin, it gets me again that message “Oops! That page can’t be found.”. I’m really lost here, I had never had this problems with wordpress

(@asteriason)

I now tried deleting everything except the content folder and config.php , didn’t work. Any more suggestions?

(@asteriason)

http://estudiantenetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/uttl-1024×568.jpg

There is a screenshot of the scene. As you can see it’s in the right url. Please help me, I feel hopeless now

Have you tried this one.

Try resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin and then re-installing the plugins one by one.

Bill

(@chubbycrow)

Check your site- and WP- urls in Settings > General and make sure they’re right. They should not contain index.php, which is showing up in your post urls. Use this page to learn more about that.

Also try deleting the Limit Login Attempts plugin. It may be fine, but it hasn’t been updated for over three years.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘404 page when trying to access themes and plugins’ is closed to new replies.