Support » Plugin: Breadcrumb NavXT » 404 page when settings are changed

• Hello. I have the plugin installed and it works, but when I try to change any settings, I get a 404 page, and no changes save. I want to fix the space after the > in the last segment.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author John Havlik

(@mtekk)

If you are getting a 404 page when saving the settings, I would check your server logs as something is not working correctly (and this sounds like a server configuration issue). As for you display issue, that is due to the styling of the theme (two of the three breadcrumbs have margin, the current item doesn’t).

Same problem here. Any idea of which server configuration could be the culprit?

Update : Apache mod_security module seems to interfere with the plugin.

@nlussier Glad you figured out the culprit. How did you fix the issue? I am not great at coding.

It’s on server side. In CPanel, under Security, there’s ModSecurity. Disabling this for the domain made the trick, although I don’t think it’s ideal (we should know why this interfere with this particular plugin).

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  nlussier.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  nlussier.

Thanks for finding out a workaround, but yes, the server team warn against disabling that for long. @mtekk, could this be looked into on the plugin side?

Plugin Author John Havlik

(@mtekk)

@blackandbluebird: Since this looks like it is a modsecurity rule issue, there likely isn’t much I can do on my end. I suggest analyzing your server logs (in this case modsecurity logs) to see what rule is getting tripped up. Feel free to report back what rule is getting tripped and I should be able to tell you if I can do anything. Your best options are likely to whitelist the Breadcrumb NavXT settings page for that rule, or remove that rule for the admin area. One thing to note, the default set of rules have traditionally caused issues with WordPress and you should use a set tailored for WordPress (which is what I do on my servers).

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘404 page when settings are changed’ is closed to new replies.