• Resolved jk0707

(@jk0707)

I’ve created the WordPress site hosted by InfinityFree. After Creating the website successfully I couldn’t visit my site and admin panel because it says 404, page not found on both the admin panel and homepage of the website.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moderator Steven Stern (sterndata)

(@sterndata)

Volunteer Forum Moderator

It appears you may need to reset your permalinks.

Check your .htaccess file. https://wordpress.org/support/article/htaccess/#basic-wp

Thread Starter jk0707

(@jk0707)

I’ve pasted the given code of multisite to my .htaccess file but it didn’t work.

Moderator Steven Stern (sterndata)

(@sterndata)

Volunteer Forum Moderator

Are you using multisite? You didn’t mention that. What’s the story?

Thread Starter jk0707

(@jk0707)

Yes, I had simply check that multisite (WPMU) checkbox while creating the site.

I had created the site before without any problem but that site had a directory ‘/wp’ in the URL, and there wasn’t any URL site address that I could edit as mentioned in several places on the support to change the URL. So I just simply deleted that site and created a new one with the same settings apart from leaving the directory box empty and choosing a different theme. Everything went just fine until I got the 404! error and now I couldn’t even open the admin-panel and homepage of my site.

Thread Starter jk0707

(@jk0707)

So at last what I did? I didn’t remove my hosting account but I opened its cpanel and opened the installed CMS list from it and deleted that WordPress from the list then I readded my domain into the addon domains option under the Domains section of cpanel and then recreated my WordPress site and it resolved for me. I didn’t check the multisite option this time, but it must have resolved with checking this option too.

Thanks, @steven Stern for your time.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by jk0707.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by jk0707.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘404, Page Not Found after setting new website’ is closed to new replies.