• Resolved AL Guevara

(@albabes)

I just got on v2.91. I’m posting, via Copy/Paste of Word Files (no pictures). When I click PUBLISH, I go to my 404 page?

Ive done this about about 15 times BEFORE updating to v2.91. Any one know about of this? Is it Permissions prob?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You cannot paste a word page. It doesn’t matter that you may have before because it will come back and bite you.

Take the text from Word and put it into notepad or something where you can end up with just text and not incompatible html.

Thread Starter AL Guevara

(@albabes)

Thank you for that. I know this about WORD, being a webmaster, but my problem is/was that it worked 12 times, AND it also did the 404 page AFTER pasting one WORD article into a text editor (NoteTab). I got the same 404 page.

So was wondering if there’s a LIMIT to characters in posts, or if other issues have documented are out there for getting a 404 page after clicking the POST button.

I searched 404, post problems, etc…

Thanks KM

Does this happen when you update a post? You might check the html view and look for errors.

Other than that, if it just started with the install of 2.91, you do all the normal things, i.e. turn off all plugins, go to default theme, etc. until you find the cause. Or consider recopying the wp-admin and wp-includes directories to the server or at least the js directory from wp-includes.

(@albabes)

When=
    It happens when I do a new post, just after I click publish.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

404=
    What did you mean by, “You might check the html view and look for errors.” Did you mean my default 404 page, or the 404 in the theme?
    I disabled my 404 via commenting it out in my root .htaacces, then published to throw the 404, and it had this statement:

*-*-*-*-
    “The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.”

“Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@commercial-real-estate-tucson.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.”

“More information about this error may be available in the server error log.”

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I found error_log in a 3 directories, and none of them had errors in the last few days… 2 were empty

plugins
    I disabled then all

What does this mean?
    go to default theme, etc. until you find the cause.

Or consider recopying the wp-admin and wp-includes directories to the server .

I downloaded 2.91, unzipped it, and uploaded wp-admin, wp-content, and wp includes, to no avail….

I afraid to upload the root files? Will that kill my previous posts?

Thank you kmessinger!

aL

(@albabes)

Resolved. Domt copy/paste DAMN WORD file.

Also see:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/370776?replies=4

hey how did you resolve the damn issue?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘404 page after attempting new post (a WORD FILE)’ is closed to new replies.