Support » Plugin: Dreamgrow Scroll Triggered Box » 404 on style.css

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • (I think) I fixed the 404 by adding an empty style.css but it’s only a work-around.

Plugin Author Eero Hermlin

(@eero-hermlin)

Hi

Thanks for noticing this. It will be permanently fixed in next version.

(@eero-hermlin)

It should be fixed in latest version (2.2.0).

Beee

(@beee)

just installed it, we’ll see 😉

Beee

(@beee)

I reopened the topic since still get 404’s.

See http://imgur.com/Qtz2SXw

On that location is no style.css present.

(@eero-hermlin)

(@eero-hermlin)

You must purge cache and/or redo script minification.

I can tell that page http://www.freerides.org/events/burke-mountain-freeride-2015/ takes our plugin js functions from cached file what contains still old (2.1.2) version of javascript.

Beee

(@beee)

I did delete the cache…
    After a plugin upgrade w3tc asks me if I want to and I empty all page caches and then it’s minified again as well, if I’m correct.

After updating the plugin, the empty style.css was missing from
    the plugin directory and 404’s appeared again…

(@eero-hermlin)

Now it is so because your users have still cached versions of your site. I revisited that page, made good Ctrl+R refresh and looked the network log – there wasn’t any request to that not existing stylesheet any more.

Picture (sorted by type so only loaded stylesheets are shown): http://i.imgur.com/21rXThi.png

Beee

(@beee)

ok… thanks for the comment.
    I’ll check the logs….

(@eero-hermlin)

If you see that amount of the requests to non-existing url is not decreasing over the time and problem still exists, please let me know, and I will look it over once again.

And comment about using Caching and minification tools:

• It is generally good to re-run minification after any plugin (what possbily contains any javascript) update. It’s not only about our plugin but all plugins out there.
    • If you define new scrollbox, it would be good idea to purge cache after you have finalized it. Otherwise this new scrollbox will appear only to new pages and posts created after the scrollbox, because existing pages are already cached without scrollbox.
    • It is not very widely known, but most cache tools show to (logged in) Admin user pages without any caching, but to all others same pages are shown from cache. Sometimes this might create great amount of confusion.
    Beee

(@beee)

1. I am aware of that and did that
    2. good tip when I do, but I haven’t in a while
    3. I know…use that setting too…

I have deleted my custom style.css and deleted cache and minify.
    I’ll monitor the logs.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘404 on style.css’ is closed to new replies.