Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Author Thomas Townsend

(@smb-dev)

It appears that you may have added styling code to the Display Settings Templates?

Not sure what you have put here, but it appears to be blocking reference to the individual page details.

While that Toggle looks nice it may be interfering with the permalink structure. You might also try resetting your permalink

If that does not correct the issue you may have to move the changes out to your child theme.

**Any style changes should be made to your child themes style sheet.**

Thread Starter lilyv

(@lilyv)

Hi, thank you for the response!

Actually, all the styling modifications was added only to the child theme – I didn’t touch any of the actual plugin files.

I took out the toggle to test it and it didn’t make a difference. Also, I’ve tried changing the permalink structure to default and then switching it back and that also hasn’t made a difference.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Plugin Author Thomas Townsend

(@smb-dev)

Did you change anything in the Job Settings or Display Settings Template ?

I would suggest going back to review that area first.

If not then you may need to check for a plugin and or theme conflict.

Thread Starter lilyv

(@lilyv)

Yes, I tweaked the Display Settings Template so I’d have a way to have the jobs tagged as Coordinator link to a separate Google doc.:

Job List Template:

[job_loop]
    <div class="job[job_row_number] job[job_id] [job_odd_even]">
    <table class="job-table[if_job_highlighted] highlighted[/if_job_highlighted]">
      <tr>
        <th scope="row">Job Title</th>
        <td>[job_icon] [job_link][job_title][/job_link]</td>
      </tr>
    [job_field_loop]
      [if_job_field]
      <tr>
        <th scope="row">[job_field_label]</th>
        <td>[job_field]</td>
      </tr>
      [/if_job_field]
    [/job_field_loop]
      <tr>
        <td></td>
    [if_job_field2]
    <td class="jobs-applynow"><a href="https://docs.google.com/a/offgrid-electric.com/forms/d/1GBixoQrM4597LGZNppU_5JWQwa0jqMuPPhZ9m0Da-Yc/viewform?edit_requested=true" target="blank">Apply Now</a></td>
    [/if_job_field2]
    [if_job_field3]
        <td class="jobs-applynow">[job_apply_link]Apply Now[/job_apply_link]</td>
    [/if_job_field3]
      </tr>
    </table>
    </div><br/><br/>
    [/job_loop]

[if_job_page_count]
    <div class="job-nav">
    	<div class="previous">[job_page_previous_link]Page [job_page_previous_number][/job_page_previous_link]</div>
    	<div class="this">Jobs [job_page_minimum]-[job_page_maximum] of [job_total]</div>
    	<div class="next">[job_page_next_link]Page [job_page_next_number][/job_page_next_link]</div>
    </div>
    [/if_job_page_count]

Individual Job Template

<table class="job-table[if_job_highlighted] highlighted[/if_job_highlighted]">
      <tr>
        <th scope="row">Job Title</th>
        <td>[job_icon] [job_title]</td>
      </tr>
    [if_job_categories]
      <tr>
         <th scope="row">Category</th>
         <td>[job_category_links]</td>
      </tr>
    [/if_job_categories]
    [job_field_loop]
      [if_job_field]
      <tr>
        <th scope="row">[job_field_label]</th>
        <td>[job_field]</td>
      </tr>
      [/if_job_field]
    [/job_field_loop]
      <tr>
        <td></td>
    [if_job_field2]
    <td class="jobs-applynow"><a href="https://docs.google.com/a/offgrid-electric.com/forms/d/1GBixoQrM4597LGZNppU_5JWQwa0jqMuPPhZ9m0Da-Yc/viewform?edit_requested=true" target="blank">Apply Now</a></td>
    [/if_job_field2]
    [if_job_field3]
        <td class="jobs-applynow">[job_apply_link]Apply Now[/job_apply_link]</td>
    [/if_job_field3]
      </tr>
    </table>
    Thread Starter lilyv

(@lilyv)

But would this be related to the 404 problem? The “apply now” links work okay …. ?

(@smb-dev)

It could, I am not sure how your site is constructed, plugins etc.

I would suggest going back to the base install and see if that works before you start tweaking the Template settings.

That will tell you if it’s your adjustments or you need to dig into something further.

Thread Starter lilyv

(@lilyv)

So, despite not wanting to go through the hassle, I did check for conflicts and it looks like the problem happens only when the language plugin I’m using, WPML, is activated.

Can you assist me in figuring out exactly what/where the issue is? I’ve created a ticket with their support staff as well.

(@smb-dev)

Ok, that’s the issue then. We just recently (after months) received the info to mod JM in order for it to be compliant with WPML. It’s now in n compatibility testing queue,

We have code to correct to make it complaint, then it has to be resubmitted back to WPML for their testing and approval.

I don’t have a time frame for this, possibly by the end of the summer?

Thread Starter lilyv

(@lilyv)

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’m really glad that you’re going to be compliant with WMPL in the future but I really need a solution in the mean while. I love both JM and WPML and they’re both such integral parts to sites that I develop.

In the support thread I openend with WPML they requested your contact info to see (I think) if there’s a quick solution to be found. Could you pass me along an e-mail address to give them? I’ve sent them the link to your profile.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate it and hope to keep using JM in the future.

(@smb-dev)

They have my contact info its’ support AT wp-jobmanager.com

I don’t think this is a quick fix. Were working on a new framework. With testing etc it will some time out.

Thread Starter lilyv

(@lilyv)

In that case, is there a language plugin that you’d recommend that is compatible with JM?

As much as I love WPML the site this problem is occurring on is live and I can’t have 404s.

(@smb-dev)

Is there a specific language your needing ? JM is translated in 10 languages now and we are getting ready to add several more.

I have heard from many devs that WMPLis proving more difficult to work with.

As for other language plugins here’s a few you might research.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/

http://www.lingotek.com/wordpress

http://www.wpopal.com/top-5-best-wordpress-multilingual-plugins-2014/

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘404 on individual job posts, and categories’ is closed to new replies.