Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hey Janglx,

Can you please check “Downloads > Settings > Access (tab)” in your WordPress admin and let me know if you have selected a “No Access Page”?

Thread Starter janglx

(@janglx)

Hey janglx,

Can you please share a link to your website from where we can test the download?

Thread Starter janglx

(@janglx)

Is there any opportunity to send you the link in an email or something?

Hello janglx,

You can send us the link to “support @download-monitor.com”.

Hello Jan,

Let’s continue the discussion here. The settings looked correct but you had not shared what the contents of the “downloads” page are. Can you please let us know if you had added any of our plugin shortcodes to this page?

Thread Starter janglx

(@janglx)

The only thing I added from the plugin is:

[download id=”226″]

Hello Jan,

Thank you for sharing that. When you edit your download, the place where this shortcode is displayed, another complete URL for the download is also displayed. Can you please share it with us.

Thread Starter janglx

(@janglx)

The URL is:

http://myurl./download/226/

The linked worked for me. I was able to download a file “m4_1080p_3.jpg”.

Please create a new page and add the shortcode to it and test again.

Thread Starter janglx

(@janglx)

Still won’t work.

The funny thing is, there isn’t even a “download”-folder in my wordpress installation-folder.

Hello Jan,

I am not sure why you mentioned a download folder. Our plugin saves all files in a protected directory inside the uploads folder and then generates a link like the one you gave to allow users to download a file without knowing it’s actual location.

Anyways, resolving this issue, is difficult without logging into your website. In our last test the direct URL worked so you might just have to try placing the shortcode in some other file and test.

Thread Starter janglx

(@janglx)

I’ll send you some login information in a mail.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘"404 Not Found" when clicking on the download.’ is closed to new replies.