• I upgraded to the latest version of WordPress about a month or so ago. I tried making a new page, and then when I went to check it, bam, I was getting a 404 error.

All my links have worked before and I’ve never had a problem. I’ve paid my bills for my website, etc…

Any idea why this may be happening? I haven’t done anything out of the ordinary.

http://www.cccombobreaker.com/

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • is .htaccess file fore mod_rewrite still there ?
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks

Thread Starter itsbobtista

(@itsbobtista)

Yeah, I still have the .htaccess file still there in my blog directory and it has the correct permissions on it, too.

=\ Do I need to add something to it?

login to your wp-admin, update setting for permalink, and .htaccess files (based on what setings->permalink gives you).

and make sure you have mod_rewrite enabled on your server. You can talk to your host to get the detail about it.

btw, i got 403 forbidden error when accessing your blog. 😐

(@itsbobtista)

Yeah, I am getting that too… I have no idea what happen… maybe someone managed to hack my website?

maybe someone managed to hack my website?

better chance that your permissions arent right.

chmod blog/ to 755

as a rule, all files ought to be chmod 644
    as a rule, all directories ought to be chmod 755

contrary to popular belief, its not trendy to be hacked, nor is it the most common source of problems on these forums.

(@itsbobtista)

Okay, changing all directories to 755 and all files to 644… Going to take a loooong time, but I’ll let you know how it goes when it’s done

(@itsbobtista)

Okay, so my front page works now, but the links still do not work. What should I check?

(@itsbobtista)

Still having trouble… anyone?

Did you ever update your permalinks?

Go to Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalinks and verify that the settings are correct and then click Save Changes. Do this even if you have not changed anything.

(@itsbobtista)

I tried that the other day, and it did nothing. 🙁 I ever tried loading a backup and it did nothing.. I can’t figure this out.

(@itsbobtista)

bump

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘404, Not Found out of no where’ is closed to new replies.