My website doolwind.com has been running fine for years. About 4 weeks ago I started having problems:
1. When I try and link to my blog from Facebook or LinkedIn I get “404 Not Found” errors
2. Google has stopped linking to my website (and it doesn’t show up in search results)
What’s strange is that doolwind.com is working fine if I (or anyone I know) navigates to it. It just seems that Google, Facebook and LinkedIn are having issues seeing it.
If I link to a regular .php page on my site then the links from Facebook etc, work (eg. my login page).
One thing worth noting is that I have a redirect set up from doolwind.com to doolwind.com/blog using the following php:
header( 'Location: http://www.doolwind.com/blog' );
I have tried the following solutions after searching the WordPress forums:
1. Changing permalinks back to default (including setting .htaccess to 666 while changing)
2. Deactivating all plugins. Problem still exists
3. Linking to the root of my blog (doolwind.com/blog) to posts and to pages, all without success
4. Disabling the index.php redirect (described above). Problem still exists
I contacted Dreamhost and they say nothing has changed with my server in the past few months.
I’ve checked the other sites I run with Dreamhost and they are not having this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.