Support » Plugin: XML Sitemap & Google News » 404 not found for Sitemal.xml

• A.Ch

(@alichakery)

Hello,

I have installed your plugin – which is really one of the best because of its ease of use and options – about one month ago, but I have not found error when I visit sitemap.xml.

I tried saving current permalinks, changing it to a new one but nothing helped.

I would appreciate if you help me regarding this issue.

Thank you.

My site :
    https://0share.com/CJmfX

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hi, could you share your sitemap URL again? the link above does not seem to be working…

Thread Starter A.Ch

(@alichakery)

I am really sorry about that, I corrected the link.

There you go:
    https://0share.com/CJmfX

Thank you for your support.

That’s not look like it’s a WordPress site… You really need WordPress to use this plugin 😉

Thread Starter A.Ch

(@alichakery)

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry but I am not that new to wp.

This is a wordpress site and I have secured it through some cuatom plugins.

But this has nothing to do with the functionality of your plugin because I have done the same customizations on my other 5 sites and they are working fine.

By the way if it was not wp how would I be able to install this plugin ? 🙂

Thank you again.

Wow, that really does a good job in hiding it as a WordPress installation… your own work? Impressive 🙂

Question: is WordPress itself installed in a subdirectory maybe? I understand you don’t wish to reveal too much about it for security reasons, but it could play a role here…

Also, could you try resaving the permalink settings (assuming those are still available) to see if it starts working then.

I notice some of the essential URLs generate a 404 as well, like /feed/ or /?feed=rss or (in case of this plugin) /?feed=sitemap … is that the same on your other sites?

Thread Starter A.Ch

(@alichakery)

Thank you for your reply,

No this is not my work but I researched a lot to find the best combination which works without any issues and also increases the WP performance. It would be my pleasure to share more details about it if you want.

Regarding your question, no this is installed in the root and am aware of the feed giving 404 error because I have done it myself. And to make sure I disabled the related part and it did not change anything regarding the sitemap issue.

Feeds need to be enabled for this sitemap plugin. The sitemaps are generated as a feed even though their name make them look like a static file.

I fear your setup is just too particular to be able for me to say anything meaningful about the issue, which just leaves general debugging tips like “disable all other plugins” and “switch to the default theme”. Or scrutinize the access and error logs to see if you can find any hints about what is going on…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘404 not found for Sitemal.xml’ is closed to new replies.