Okay before you guys send me the whole WordPress codex let me explain my problem:
So, after completing my website I moved all my files from my subdirectory "temp" to the root. I followed the WordPress documentation exactly, should be easy as cake, but as soon as I moved everything, everything got messed up (of course). I managed to fix some stuff but the problem I still have now is that the whole homepage (www.chelseywinkel.com) is working but a soon as you try to go to a portfolio item or to an other page it gives the 404 Not Found error.
So of course somewhere there is still a path leading to the wrong urls of the posts but I can't find where it is. This is what I tried to resolve it:
- I checked config.php from WordPress, checked almost every file from my theme looking for wrong links/paths.
- Troubleshooting permalink settings, also with the update url tool WordPress suggested
- Adjusted all the links, manually, in my database that still lead to the "temp" directory
- Adjusted everything to the current path
- Changed WordPress htaccess, also made it rewritable (777)
- Tried refreshing my history and cache
And I tried a lot more things that I probably forgot about now. I checked all the documentation and maybe I'm overlooking something but I just don't know. Anyway, I give up. I really hope someone can help me because now I basically have an online/live broken website. Thanks in advance!