Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author johnnyb

(@johnnyb)

Hi,

First, look at the simple possibilities:

Does the book have a status of Published? If not, you’ll have to publish the book first.

Is the book set to Private? If so, you might not see the book, especially if your login session has expired or something.

If those don’t solve the problem try visiting the Settings > Permalinks page in the WordPress admin. If that doesn’t work, click the “Save Changes” button without changing anything. This should flush any permalink rules and will hopefully get rid of the 404.

If none of those work post back here and I’ll try to help you out. When you do post back, let me know if your account is an Administrator account, or something less, like an Editor or an Author.

Good Luck!

Thread Starter bbell2000

(@bbell2000)

My Settings->Permalinks page is working and set to month and name (example: http://brendaabell.com/2013/09/sample-post/).

After verifying this and clicking save (even though I didn’t change anything), clicking the View Book button now works.

However, the book still doesn’t show up in my blog posts. It’s definitely Published and its visibility is Public.

I suspect it has something to do with my theme, but I’m not exactly sure where to start looking. Do my “books” have some special type or taxonomy? Maybe I just need to enable something in Suffusion.

Plugin Author johnnyb

(@johnnyb)

Hi,

It’s not your theme. Books are a special post type so they’re not included in your blog’s homepage by default. There’s a setting under Settings > Dead Trees to include them in archive pages, but apparently it doesn’t save properly, I’ll have to fix that. At the same time I’ll try to make it so books will display on the main page of your blog. Watch for an update in the admin.

Plugin Author johnnyb

(@johnnyb)

I just pushed an update, you should see it in your WordPress admin next time you log in.

To display books on your blog’s homepage, go to Settings > Dead Trees and choose “Book Section, tag and date archive pages” for the “Display Books On” setting, then save. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Thread Starter bbell2000

(@bbell2000)

Thanks for doing that. The book’s showing up now although it looks like I might need to do some styling to work with my theme.

If you want to see what I’m talking about, here’s my list of posts http://brendaabell.com/blog/page/4/ and here’s the book http://brendaabell.com/books/service-oriented-architecture-soa-concepts-technology-and-design/.

The book itself is fine — I just need to fix the book in the list.

Thanks again!

Brenda

Plugin Author johnnyb

(@johnnyb)

I did some poking around and I *think* that the latest version of Suffusion might fix the problem.

What’s going on is that the styles are all attached to the .post classname in the theme, but since the book isn’t a “post” post type, it’s a dt_book, no .post classname is generated, (a .dt_book classname is).

I took a look at some of the Suffusion code and it seems that the post classname is automatically inserted in some situations, which may help.

If you’re editing the CSS manually, or the theme files, adding .post to the list of classes seems to fix things.

Thread Starter bbell2000

(@bbell2000)

Hey… thanks for taking a deeper look. I have a few other upgrades that need to be done so hopefully I’ll get to take a look this weekend.

Brenda

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Not Found’ is closed to new replies.